Question about professions

Hi there guys. I’ ve returned after 3 years of pause, I’m just a casual player who is curious whether it is worth or not to learn and improve profession skill and if so what would be the most profitable?
Are they worth learning during my journey or should I just focus on advancing forward by questing and doing dungeons…Will I miss something in the end game if I don’t have any profession?
Cheers!

Welcome back!

Professions have taken even more of a beating while you were gone. I’m reminded of the old film “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?” showing the depths people were reduced to in the Dust Bowl during the great depression a century ago. If professions could scream and cry, I’d swear the devs were getting high on sadism.

There are no continuous professions any more. You can learn BfA professions without having done any before 110; you don’t need to skill them up. Since the devs have removed gem sockets as standard, and enchants from most slots, JC and Enchanting are a fraction of what they should be.

Endgame now is standing out with a bucket in a rain of gear, nearly all of which is crap - very Diablo, from what I’ve heard of Diablo - so the armormaking professions have very little to do. And Inscription is even more wretched, after the removal of meaningful glyphs.

Alchemy is still meaningful, to a degree, and therefore also Herbalism. In this patch, they have introduced specific foods that give a buff in the latest gimmick, Visions of N’Zoth. As a result, Cooking and Fishing are unexpectedly lucrative at the moment, though that is dying down now that the cutting edge set havd finished with them.

So, in short, you are wasting your time trying to skill up professions until you hit 110. At 110, you can start BfA professions with no previous basis. You won’t miss anything if you don’t bother at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.