Question concerning non-rp players

So, you’re honestly trying to push the idea that OOC players are afraid of the roleplayers who post on the AD forums, and therefore begin to praise RP on the forums and ingame because they fear… uh… made up repercussions?

Go to bed.

I think most OOC players, like most RPers, don’t really look at the forum much tbh - or even moreso.

3 Likes

I never said they are afraid? My point is to tear down the vibes of people going: “oh, without us the PvE community of AD wouldn’t be the same, we are the true community of the server”. I don’t think this is the case - I believe the RP community is indeed splendid under many aspects, yet its not a driving factor in the server’s PVE/PVP mentality (though it surely did help to shape it years ago).

Edit.

Or because they want to score a point - the questions are often formulated to nudge players towards a specific direction - what are you doing on an RP server if you don’t like RP? = are you an enemy?
And they will unsurprisingly end up answering something around the likes of: oh, but I like RPers, see, I’m not an enemy!

It’s interesting how you attack me judging my ~supposed~ intentions because my reading of other people’s intentions doesn’t align with yours.

2 Likes

Not sure why you’re engaging the MovieBob of Argent Dawn tbh, it’s always the same until his 7 am bbq appointment in these forum topics

1 Like

I could point out the irony of writing that comment (indirectly engaging with me) at this hour of the night? Sounds like someone is very lonely there.

Atleast I invited to BBQs :relaxed:

Want to see my concern for AD?

https://gyazo.com/4ccbc37187993087ab8aa21df8833ec1

Is he still at it?

1 Like

Krar took the player out a few times and seems to have stopped. The player has either a friend or another account with a druid ressing him. But both of them have buggered off for now.

Yep.

He was still at it before I logged off for the night.

I honestly don’t get these people.

1 Like

I think a lot of people took OP’s “probably” as never-ever, which judging by OP doesn’t sound like it.

As for the malding scot, well, as someone leading an OOC guild stuff like that would get you a warning and continuation of it the boot.
I like RP, even if I scarcely partake in it here in-game, but I respect those who do as some of my friends and guildies RP fairly often/frequently and seeing the mount parking is just sad, like, bottom of the barrel sad.

Generally speaking, I advice people who have no interest in the RP aspect to roll on a PVE realm as they’d be a far better fit and likewise if someone shows interest welcome them with open arms.

6 Likes

Jesus.

Speaking of; just logged into Stormwind to see a player with an inappropriate name spamming the football toy at an RPer who was tring to RP.

People wonder why we don’t really like OOCers…

Absolutely convinced his “friend” was just another account of his. Didn’t use any spell once, only the ress. At first I thought he brought the level 60 druid to kill my level 50 rogue. But no. The druid didn’t use any spells at any point in time. Just standing idly by as I got out of stealth and killed him. Pretty sure the guy is a multi-boxer.

Just… make sure to report the guy when you see him. No need for such people on ANY realm.

1 Like

Do you recall what the druid char’s name was?

“Naturedude”, his alt before that (dancing in the tavern) was “Bowgunshoot”.

I just realised both of them aren’t even the leader of their guild.

I don’t think anyone is particularly bothered by players who mostly do content and only very occasionally RP. There have been periods where I’ve barely RPed at all and all my game time has been in doing some sort of content and I never felt particularly unwelcome.

What people do dislike, and the dislike definitely extends in game is players who never RP and have no intention of RPing, especially during high traffic periods when the server gets a queue or performance is impacted.

Even more disliked are the people who act in a way that actually disrupts RP, this is not necessarily just players who are deliberately being disruptive, it extends to players being “in the way” or being OOC in spatial channels.

5 Likes

I feel people who are here for ““atmosphere”” have often a strangely skewed look on RP. Sure, some people genuinely like to come and look (comfort of having people looming you over on flying mounts while you’re trying to RP aside), but for others RP server means “haha frog parade in stormwind come join the f r o g g e” or “lol goldshire haha” moments to post about on reddit. A few streamers who come to hold their purely OOC events on AD for “community” and no sharding come to mind.

6 Likes

Pce out

If they truly think us RPers are cool (and don’t RP themselves) then why do they not RP (or at least try to RP) and refuse to join the cool guys (us)?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.