Question for guild recruitment

Hello everyone,

I am still looking for a guild for this toon. Preferably a kaldorei centered one.
Obviously the main issue here would for them to accept Mayne as he is - I believe that most of the potential recruiters know already about his in character profession so there is no need for needless details.

Please contact me in game or leave a post in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

What’s his in-character profession?

hE iS nOt LiKe ThE uSuAl ElVeS!!1 hE rAvAgEs NaTuRe BeCaUsE hE iS aN eNgInEeR!

5 Likes

why are you assuming that an entire forum already knows your character inside and out?

I am not assuming that and sorry if it sounded like that. The thing is that since I have spoken to many NELF RPers over the years and participated to most major campaigns, I think they are familiar with my toon. Since I am aiming to that target group and guilds I thought unnecessary to bother people with too many details.

But indeed for those that never seen mayne:

He is ic engineer - quite advanced in it and not planning to change that.

If he’s an untraditional nelf, wouldn’t it be wise to not seek out a nelf guild but instead one that could use an engineer?

The way I understand the concept of seeking occupation, is to look for something that fits your character’s profession, not race.

3 Likes

If it’s a night elf guild you’re looking for, I’d direct you to the night elf RP thread for a list of guilds; I believe all of the current guilds are in there!

Knowing Mayne’s concept, I think I’ll echo what Tehya says - your options within the night elf scene will be fairly limited. There’s only a few guilds currently that I think would work.

That said, I think a good fit may be the Crescent Vigil, led by Andoril. A short description from their thread:

Led by Andoril Thornrage, is a collective that chose to follow the path offered in pursuit of a better future for the Kaldorei. They consist of artisans, militia, and various individuals not necessarily suited for the traditional paths of military action within Kaldorei society. The guild’s primary focuses are on civilian affairs, militias, and offering places for Male Kaldorei concepts to hold major validity while being supported by lore.

I think the Vigil may be your best bet - if not, I think your best options would be to seek out something not focused so much on night elves. Good luck regardless!

3 Likes

I think the [A/RP] Moonspear Trading Company - Looking for IC trades! - #16 would be a good pick for you that you should check out. They’re not night elf only afaik, but the concept and members are versatile enough for you to fit in well and still get the night elf flair.

The character could have a passion in that particular, rather exotic profession for night elves, yet prefers being around his own kin & defend his homeland. Most non-nelf guilds don’t actually participate in the defense of night elf lands regularly. So I totally get why Maynne would want a kaldorei guild.

2 Likes

That actually sounds plausible.

Exactly what Aeneon mentioned.

I know what I am going to write here may sound like an oxymoron but if you think about it , it is not.

Mayne is a traditionalist , respecting Sisterhood, fanatically believing Elune’s edicts and even appreciating the value of balance.

He just uses to unusual tools in order to get an advantage while doing his duty (aka annihilating Hordies)

The radical difference between goblins or gnomes and mayne is that these races have formed their racial IDs around engineering, while mayne has not.

Any of the people that have actually talked with him IC will know that he is trying to bring forth a more ‘balanced’ approach of engineering (call me eco friendly).

That is why I am just seeking a nelf guild that would just have some room for my character.

Aren’t you already in a guild or did the forums simply not update?
In any case I don’t think it’s as big a deal as you make it out to be. I used to play a NElf who was a hardcore militaristic traditionalist, yet she could still swallow her pride when her commander told her to suck it up, they were out of options or when people showed results. Ask guild leaders around, it may even create some interesting narratives.

If I had a guild, I would recruit the #$@*! out of Maynne. I love your character! Dirania has always respected him and would call anyone who denies him a fool. Someone offers aid to slaugther the horde in a time where we already lost so many of our people, and you say no because you do not like his toys.

Then again Dirania has always been a bit more unorthodox. Sadly I have no intention of leading a guild at the moment and likely not for a long time. I hope you find a guild where you are welcome!

As I understand it he was briefly considered for that guild but it ended up not working out.

Well that sucks, guess it’s just back in the saddle

Please trust me when I assure you that it is even bigger issue than I present it to be. Also the key phrase in your character is the ‘traditionalist’ part. As strange as it may sound to you - most of the kaldorei guild encountered, do not even approve the use of firearms.
Edit: Of course I am not pointing any fingers or criticizing anyone. People have the right to run their guilds as they wish. All I am asking is if there are any nelf centered guilds that would accept a nelf engineer.

Well aren’t there like a NElf miss fit guild floating around, I could swear I saw one. Other than that I can’t help much I’m afraid. A year ago I would have considered suggesting offering to my then GM you a spot after maybe a succesful trial week and half a year ago I would have joined you as a fellow misfit with a human I had who went kinda nuts after a close NElf friend of his died so Darkshore became his battleground. I don’t really have much time to RP the next 2 months a least

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.