[Question] Grimtotem Druids

Hello, does a Grimtotem Tauren Druid make sense? I’m interested in playing a Grimtotem with traditional beliefs in line with Magatha’s.

I’ve searched lists of Grimtotem Tauren NPCs and found not a single druid. Does druidism contradict the tribal philosophy of the Grimtotem or is it just incidental that they never picked it up? I’d imagine that a Grimtotem could learn from a Runetotem Druid, though that might require that the student is on good terms with the Horde and Baine’s Tauren.

Is it feasible? What are your thoughts?

Hard to say
From early childhood, while other tauren their age learn the rites of the Great Hunt and to be in harmony with nature, the Grimtotem are taught how to fight each other. They learn to kill quickly and cleanly with hands, horns, and whatever weapon they can get their hands on. In any given conflict, the odds are with a Grimtotem to emerge victorious. They do not fight honorably; they fight to win…

On the other hand?
In Feralas there are Tauren NPCs called Grimtotem Naturalist - for the Doling Justice Alliance quest you need to kill 6x Grimtotem Shaman, 12x Grimtotem Naturalist and 10x Grimtotem Raiders… for 150 reputation with Darnassus (NEVER trust a Night Elf…:smirk: ) - so they are common enough I guess

2 Likes

I myself have such a character.
It’s largely a matter of reviewing what a druid is all about. It’s taught with noble principles that disavow violence for the sake of violence and killing for the sake of killing, yet, druids are supposed to be about being one with nature.

What is the single most unified truth in all of nature? Survival of the fittest.
The grimtotem largely embodies this principle and because of this I think they’re perfectly fit to be druids - Just not the typical archtype we’re used to.

Even vegetation will choke each other out to soak more sunlight.
Nature is ruthless, just like the grimtotem.

I say, go for it.

1 Like

I agree… People think nature attuned means being a peacenik… Nature is actually very very brutal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.