Question on showtooltip

Hello !

I think it’s not possible, but I still ask the question (we never know). I would like to make a macro like this:
#showtooltip
/use spelloutofGCD /castsequence reset=15 spell1,spell2

But I want to see the tooltip of the castsequence. Is it possible please ?

1 Like

Good question; I don’t know that I’ve ever seen it asked before.

Easy way would be to flip the sequence and cast. If that’s not an option, you could try putting the same comma separated list of spells after #showtooltip but I have no idea if it’ll make the tooltip mirror the sequence or not.

Yes I thought about reversing it but I would need this spell to be cast first! I’m going to try your suggestion this evening

I tested it out with the following and unfortunately it breaks the tooltip completely.

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield,Flash Heal
/cast Power Infusion
/castsequence Power Word: Shield,Flash Heal

So looks like you’re limited to picking a single spell for the tooltip in this instance.

#showtooltip will only show the first applicable spell it encounters in a macro. So if the first spell is just a spell name it will show icon and tooltip of that spell all the time, if the first spell is in a /cast, conditional /cast or /castsequence command it will show icon an tooltip of whatever spell is meant to be cast now, depending on how the command works.

So it is impossible to make #showtooltip to apply to second command of your macro if the first command contains a spell. It might be done with addons but I don’t think addons can change anything about a macro during combat so it would like not work in that combat.

Thank you for your answers!
I chose to do this in the end:
#showtooltip
/use [btn:2]spell /castsequence…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.