Question regarding Blade Dance

So i was told that Havoc demon hunters don’t really use Blade Dance. Some even tell me they don’t even have it slotted on their action bars.

Is this true? i’m not max level yet, but i feel like it is a small damage loss if i’m actually using blade flurry over chaos strike.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi mate.
I guess you’re talking about “blade dance”.

Without the talent “first blood” its a dps lose on single target (not worth pressing)

1 Like

haha damn, yes i actually meant Blade Dance! thanks for the answer!

No problem!

If you need anything else just ask :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah, one more thing

so on +2 targets it’s better to use than Chaos strike?

Last i checked, you only use Blade Dance on 3 or more targets and Death Sweep on 2 or more targets. Unless you have the first blood talent, in which cause you use it on cooldown.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Just as Zathina said

No Chaos Theory
w/ First Blood Always
w/o First Blood 3+
w/o First Blood w/ Trail 2+

Chaos Theory
Always if buff is down!
w/ First Blood 2+
w/ First Blood w/ Trail Always
w/ Essence Break 4+
w/ Essence Break w/ Trail 3+
w/ Cycle of Hatred No AoE

Its not even worth using it on aoe anymore tbh, since by spamming chaos strike instead you have a 40% chance for it to refund fury, which then leads to reducing the cd of eye beam, which finally leads to more overall dmg, since eye beam is going to do way more damage than blade dance.

1 Like

That’s not correct. You’ll tank your aoe dmg and put yourself at the mercy of rng even harder. 40% is exactly that…a 40% chance with every chaos strike, not 100%. Don’t overestimate it.
Not using bd/ds was more of a meme advice for the prepatch period right before sl.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.