Blizzard, what is your official stance on world buffs in Forever?
And if you keep them, will Alliance get equivalent to Warchiefs blessing?
Blizzard, what is your official stance on world buffs in Forever?
And if you keep them, will Alliance get equivalent to Warchiefs blessing?
personally i find Wbuffs fine. would prefer an alliance equivilent to Warchief’s. just so both factions are equal in that regard. no faction should be “better” than the other when it comes to content. so players can choose faction based on their preference instead of meta.
BUT. for balancing reasons. Wbuffs should NOT be in raids.
if raids are balanced FOR Wbuffs. they become extra hard without.
if raids are balanced WITHOUT Wbuffs. they become extra easy with.
I think that’s how it works in Forever, but not sure if it’s intended or an oversight.
They should be flavorful but never so impactful as to be mandatory. People should never be waiting around for world buffs to do their content.
Ideally, they shouldn’t work in instanced content at all. They should also be dispellable so as not to wreck wpvp.
When I played it back in late 06, it wasn’t even a thing. I didn’t even know about most even in TBC. It really became a thing with private servers and WoW Classic I believe, and here we are. World Buffs, are exactly that, buffs for in the world. They were never intended to be stacked for doing raids.
cough Griefers cough
i get where you are comming from on that point. but its a matter of “Option A or Option B”
best solution i can see when it comes to WPvP is to tag-team them one after another
but if they dont work in instanced content. or atleast in raids. having them dispellable is not as big a problem
One of the streamers at BlizzCon said that apparently world buffs will still exist in Forever, but that they will only work in the open world and not inside instanced content such as dungeons, raids and battlegrounds.
Though I’d rather have an official statement about it to be certain
Oh it was a thing for sure, just not as “required” as recently. I remember my old vanilla guilds back in the day when we would finally be able to take down, for example, Nefarian in BWL that we would then go and get atleast the Onyxia buff and then go back to give it a proper try and it would often work. This was not the case always certainly.
Also my guild in Naxxramas always ported out before Loatheb to grab both Onyxia buff and ZG buff before going back, as our kills were very tight.
Thanks for chiming in and correcting me. I should have put the “i believe” in the first sentence. I literally found out that worldbuffs were still around in TBC when Anni got released, shows you how much the game has changed. But the whole stacking every single buff is not something alot of people did, did they?