Questionable Activity - Seeking Advice

Hello,

I’ve had a few people whisper me lately to say that I’ve been reported, I’d just like to seek others advice as to whether or not i am breaking any rules here, and so should avoid that activity in future?

Firstly - I am using a level 10 monk with gemmed gear to solo low level dungeons. I have a second account who is on follow. There are a few other random players from the group finder and some of them seem to be unhappy that a level 10 is dealing 90%+ of the damage, or they think i am multiboxing by having two accounts running.

Secondly - I have been using a well-geared main to cause havoc in cities, killing alot of people very quickly, and then teleporting out to arena matches to avoid certain death. I’ve had a few whispers from people saying that i’m “cheating” and have been “mass-reported”.

I have had a look through the TOS and I don’t think I’m breaking any rules, but I am slightly concerned that quite a few people are reporting me.

For future reference, is anyone able to see something here which I should avoid, incase it infringes on the rules?

Thank you,

You’ve been answered here:

They’ll be unable to discuss the specific reasons to avoid a ban with you on the forum or otherwise.

2 Likes

I’m not asking for a ban appeal. What makes you think this?

I am asking if any of these actions are problematic, and so should be avoided on a second account.

I did not say anything about a ban appeal.

2 Likes

Fine, nobody can tell me if I’m possibly breaking the TOS for playing the game. Only a permanent ban out of the blue can tell me. Very fair.

Regardless, the ticket timer is telling me 24 days response time as of this morning. That’s absolutely ridiculous for those of us who have been wrongly convicted. Will I get my game time back if that decision is overturned?

It seems like gross incompetence if a permanent ban is not thoroughly investigated via logs, before being dished out.

My guess is that from these two items this is the one which triggered your ban. People most likely reported you for cheating (as that is what it looks like to other players and you should have know that). While you are using mechanics of the game I’d personally classify it as abuse of the said mechanics as you are using them to escape from the PvP solution other players have (aka killing your character). Killing players in cities is fine, abusing mechanics to escape consequences is not (for example Blizzard has banned people abusing roof-tops to avoid guards or making it impossible for the other players to reach them)

Terms are fairly wide but quick look finds least several points which could cover this. TL;DR Blizzard can close your account at any time they wish.

From https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal/08b946df-660a-40e4-a072-1fbde65173b1/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement

Thanks, I am thinking that too. I am surprised that after 15 years of playing, that it was so easy to trigger a permanent ban, and for “hacking software” of all things. After all, are we not allowed to play the game inbetween arena queues, dungeon queues etc?

Exploiting a game mechanic in a way it wasn’t intended can lead to a ban as well. Just because you can use arena queue as a get out of jail card doesn’t mean it was meant to work this way (and honestly you should have been able to at least guess that much).

If it happens once on accident nothing will happen because of it. But if you’ve been doing it repeatedly it can be seen as an exploit.

2 Likes

I think it’s abuse of game mechanics rather than use of illegal programs too.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve seen so many people doing this over the years, also horde running into Stormwind to change phases etc, I didn’t think much of it. It was just a quirk of the game, and usually I’d wait for the player to exit the arena so that I could kill them. I’m surprised a few evenings spent playing arena whilst doing world PvP would result in a permanent ban after 15 years of playing, even if used somewhat deliberately.

The ticket time is the longest ticket in queue. Often it’s faster for them to react. If your ban’s deemed wrongful you can always request a fair compensation.

1 Like

“solo” you mean you’re queueing up with 3 others? As a multiboxer myself you shouldn’t do this, It’s not fair on other randoms. if that’s what you’re doing. It’s against the rules for a character to leech off others in group finder content. It’s within the rules for you to do this if you’re completely soloing content with just your two characters and no pugs(or with friends), As long as you don’t use software that mimics your keys across windows.

2 Likes

Hey there, Cranekicker.

Whether it’s a ban appeal or not, this is not a query for the Support forums. You’re welcome to submit a ticket to our Support Team if you still have concerns, though it is very unlikely to get a clear response for what is essentially a question of “how do I avoid getting reported or penalised for my in-game activities”.

3 Likes