Questions about Cataclysm PTR

Hey there,

Last night i installed PTR, thinking its not a buggy mess to see what we get in prepatch. I was surprised to see that almost all of my achievements could be found on all of my copied characters but i didnt see the titles being available on other characters apart from those that unlocked those certain achievements. Is it just an oversight or intended?

I’ve noticed that we do get the shared transmog options between characters and i thought we would get the same treatment as we have on retail - to get every other quest reward options as unlocked transmog. I was so sad to see that i could change my weapon’s appearance to Ravencrest’s Legacy but not to Runesword of the Red. Is this just an oversight or intended? (The game kept track of my T2.5 quest completions and eventhough i sold those pieces on my warrior i still could change my set to Conqueror)

Can we boost worgens and goblins in the prepatch? what about death knights? I dont remember seeing this mentioned anywhere but if they were, ignore this part.

Rank 14 PvP items (Grand Marshal weapons and Field Marshal set pieces) could not be used as transmog in the PTR. Is this an oversight or intended? - I don’t know if this was the case back in original Cataclysm, if it was, please ignore this part as well.

In original Cataclysm, only people with the ‘‘Field Marshal’’ (and Horde version) titles from Vanilla could indeed transmog with the level 60 PvP items - however, I think you needed to use the ‘‘Replicas’’ from Area 51, and not the actual 60 ones - you could go and try if those work.

So did I - I’m wondering if it might simply be that it’d be a huge load on the PTR if everyone copied their characters over and get it loaded? Might be a switch they turn on when it goes live (I hope).

Same, and I do believe they’re supposed to be available to all characters (it was originally when they made achievements account-wide, I think?). Might just be another oversight, hopefully, or it’s another bug…

There might be a bug then. I was thinking that it could be that it only counts ‘‘quests in the game’’, and those that are removed dont count, but that wouldn’t make sense considering all the Outland/Northrend rewards missing.

They haven’t mentioned it - and that leads me to believe that they will be, since the only reason they didn’t allow Belf/Draenei was due to their new classes for their respective faction (I think). Death Knight would be the same.

Draenei, Belf, and DK they explicitly said it wouldn’t be boostable, and they’ve not said so in regards to Worgen and Goblins.

Something seems off in general with all the blue posts about Cata, though… They literally copy pasted the racial info from Retail to the new races (Gazlowe being leader of the Goblins, when he doesn’t even become leader until end of BFA. Gallywix is the leader in Cata.)

1 Like

The current state of PTR is not in a good shape. There is a lot of things which don’t work properly so it is difficult to say if the things will work in the same way next week (intended or not). I just hope that it doesn’t go live in this state because it would be a disaster. But it’s really hard to say as there is no information from Blizz regarding these things and no one communicates with us.

1 Like

Indeed.I havent seen the goblin part yet. That is hilarious to be honest.

Some people claim that they have a build thats got all the fixes surely and works perfectly and they just have to push it but i highly doubt it. Imagine beta-testing a closer-to-alpha build on the beta servers one week before prepatch. I dont wanna talk mad sht but this feel very bad that i got beta key and couldnt even test dungeons or anything because i either got hit by a million lua errors (no addons btw obviously) or just the interface got bricked or the classes were so broken it didnt make any sense to even try anything. PTR is in a better shape but still significantly behind on schedule imho.

Someone pointed out the other day that they very often talk about SoD on different platforms. Apologizing for mistakes in SoD, dev update/discussion about classes in SoD, regular fixes and minor updates/reworks for SoD. For Cata, we didnt hear anything until last week (?) which is kinda yikes. I get it, SoD is the novelty and it has a large player base but it doesnt mean you should neglect a project of SAME SIZE (considering the recorded player base is of similar size). I’m afraid if they let the expansion or prepatch release in the current state, the game would just die out sooner than later. Cataclysm didnt really have the best reputation overall and it might be just the cherry on top for a lot of people. (Hopefully its just doomer talk) We’ll see.

I kinda hope they would address the issues mentioned above and ALL THE OTHER ONES people have been complaining about, mainly the class problems because that should be the highest of priorties, above everything else etc etc.

1 Like

Exactly. It would be much better if there is any feedback from their side. People are asking and are interested in these things but haven’t got any response. Communication is the key.

Yea, I am afraid too. I would prefer to launch the pre-patch later in a good state instead of now with the current state. If these bugs are still in the game in pre-patch, it would hurt the game much more than postponing the release day.

2 Likes

absolutely agree with you.

1 Like

There’s alot of things that are missing, wrong, broken or just don’t make sense that i doubt they’ll fix before full release. Really sad as i was hyped for Cata but Blizzard seems to be more interested in SOD and just rushing Cata.