Questions new Rper

Hey I am quite new at RP, and I just wanted to ask, because I wanna improve, when it comes to mending someone Icly, with the Light and as druid, and Monk…

For example a Death Knight injury, I know they’re dead and all, but a Light User couldn’t heal them as far as I know, I really don’t know, I wish I did…but is there any way to mend a Death Knight or a Demon Hunter, please don’t be rude ;( I am just asking.

Both death knights and demon hunters can be magically healed just like everyone else.

In the lore, the way it is described for undead, is that they feel a crippling, agonizing pain while the Light touches them.

There is no valid lore stating demon hunters have the same effect, or any effect at all, besides being healed.
People just assume and make it headcanon that they either can’t be healed or it is painful for them. That is not confirmed however.

1 Like

Pretty much this, all of the magical healing methods work on -everyone-

But as pointed out, for Undead (We know for Forsaken, so it makes sense for DK’s, they are after all, just another type of Undead) it is an incredibly unpleasant experience. Its like, a surgeon might numb the area of a cut, stitch it swiftly and neatly closed, and the wound is closed.

Or…

A Surgeon might heat up a dagger, pinch the skin together and sear the wound closed by cauterising it, without any painkillers, and you will feel every moment as well as the death, rot and decay in your body.

The latter, is pretty akin to what it would feel like for an Undead being healed by the Light, it will -work-, but By Jingo it will HURT!

We have no indication in lore as to how Druidic and Shamanic healing feels to the Undead, but the Light would definitely involve a lot of pain…

I agree; healing is healing.
I think perhaps both nature and Light based healing would be unpleasant for undead, the former because it makes them feel more (alive), which means the state of their body would probably feel very uncomfortable when (I theorize) the healing - at least for a moment - negates the numbness that I assume accompanies undeath to some extent.

I am unsure about Light healing void elves and shadow priests in shadowform / voidform. Since Alleria and Turalyon experienced excruciating pain when they touched, I suppose it would hurt like hell, but they probably wouldn’t explode…?

I can’t think of a reason why monk healing (which is Chi/Spirit based?) should hurt undead, but Shadow based healing sounds to me like it should be right up their alley.

That was during spellcasting. They were hugging and touching cheeks just fine afterwards in a comic. So touching is just fine if both aren’t in the middle of casting spells.

I’d say void elves can get healed by the Light same as undead. Just really painfully. And shadow priests’ shadowform is just fine as well, shadow and Void are two different (but similar) type of magic.
Considering warlocks and rogues using shadow, but not Void, as well as the game having several spells such as void bolt and shadow bolt that provide evidence of there being a difference.

I know the Chronicles cosmology chart says it’s the same thing, but half of those books were already retconned because Blizzard is making up lore as it’s convinient and on the go, so ehh.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.