Questions regarding pvp, gears, stats and stuff

Hi!

I just returned to wow and have some questions regarding current state of pvp and gearing etc.

1. How does it work with gear? In legion you only scaled with ilevel and gear had no other importance except for that. Is that still the case of how does gear actually work in pvp?
  2. Does secondary stats affect pvp, both in battlegrounds and arena or in one of them?
  3. I read somewhere about some strong pvp trinkets available in this expansion. How do you obtain these? Do these trinkets affect your stats somehow? If it works, does it work everywhere (bgs, arena, world) or just some places? Does all trinkets work or just pvp specific trinkets?
  4. In Legion food and potions stopped working in random battlegrounds, according to Blizzard this was a bug. Has it been resolved and does food and potions work in battlegrounds again? Does it work in arena? In world pvp?
  5. How is world pvp these days? You can flag up and then out in the world you are placed in a shard with other players, do a lot of player do this or people don’t bother with it?
  6. How does it work with the hearth of maguuma and traits on gear you put azerite points in, do they work in pvp? If so, is it in all pvp (bgs, arena, world) or just in some of them?
  7. Does gems and enchants work in pvp?

Scaling is gone now, stats are everything. Gearing through PVP isn’t really viable right now, and there is no PVP vendor, rather you get random, crappy drops from matches and the conquest cap reward, which is what’s lead to PVErs dominating PVP with their higher ilevel gear. I wouldn’t recommend PVPing until your ilvl is at 380 or so.

Of course, as always.

All PVP gear is from random drops/conquest capping.

They do what their item tooltip says!

Most things work everywhere.

I haven’t heard of or suffered from this issue in a very long time, so it should be fixed. I can use items everywhere.

Seems to be Alliance dominated now, judging by what I’ve read around on the forums. You can flag for warmode in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, and unflag for it in any rest area. It puts you into a seperate phase from non-warmode players. It’s essentially an opt-in for permanent world PVP. As for how many people do it… Enough for places to be populated. Get a few kills while leveling in old zones sometimes too. Chaos bolted a level 81 Tauren at Nordrassil the other day, heh.

All azerite gear stuff works in all PVP instances including warmode, as far as I’m aware.

Yes.

1- No. Theres some soft scaling but gear matters a lot.

2- Yes. Both.

3- Conquest cap/match drops. Works everywhere. Get the “maledic” trinket, stat

4- Working. Not in arena.

5- Great. Activate in Orgrimmar/Stormwind and get out there. Especially juicy during faction assaults

6- Work and important even with the reduced effect in instanced

7- Yes

Wecome back

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.