Queue hell in classic

Or just add some more servers…

1 Like

Im not even in one of the big ones, (i guess) and arranjed to log in earlier than yesterday, result: 8h in queue ahead.

People that can start playing early in the morning, are playing almost all day long.

1 Like

Blizzard made such a big deal about releasing this classic ! How on earth did they get it wrong ?

How can they say we must move to a less populated realm when there are no other realms to choose from ?! All the time spent playing what ever amount of time we get due to their incompetence will be lost because now we have to move again and again and again !

1 Like

Only missing from the vanilla launch experience is rolling restarts, database rollbacks and unbearable lag. I’ve been through worse although id wish they would just blow the layer cap and just let everyone in and sort it out later than having 8 hour queues, it just encourages players to cheat the system and never log out

4 Likes

I’m going to have an unpopular view here, no doubt.

But, Blizzard constantly updated people as to which realms were going to have extensive queues. They reported that many people were still creating characters there. It’s obvious that whether you pre-made your character 10secs after reservation opened or, just a couple of days ago that, once you knew you were on a full realm that was getting fuller by the minute, that a queue was inevitable.

The one thing that is setting Europe aside from the US is that they’re not adding new realms. We’ll see I suppose, whether it’s the better choice or not. But, this is I suspect exasperating matters.

Now, it’s possible this evening on all except “those” realms (you know who you are) will have short/no queue. It felt like, by the late evening yesterday that things were starting to thin out and normalize. We’ll see I guess.

But, we all knew this was going to happen, there IS an upper limit to how many players they want or can handle per realm. Solutions are to rethink the limit (I expect this number is based on how many they expect to remain long term so they probably want proof more are going to give up on this short term before they raise the realm cap) or make new realms/free transfers. IF it continues to be a problem beyond this evening/tomorrow evening.

I wonder what others think. How many will continue to play on beyond a month or two? I wonder what Blizzard thinks.. Maybe census figures would help. Hmm

Look I am not having a dig at you but what I can take from your post is that we are now forced to play certain times and certain realms ? So where is the logic and freedom of choice in that ?

I want to play along side my friends and my guild on Pyrewood !? Am I not entitled to play there ?

1 Like

I was hoping all the Babys would stay on retail but i guess some came over to test classic

1 Like

You know what, play on a server which has like couple of thousands in queue meaning it has good population and won’t die. But i don’t recommend these popular severs because there might be 10-15K people in queue for the next couple of months.

Only a true cuck would think 8-9 hours of queue is acceptable, like rly?

7 Likes

this game can last years and for 2 days you need refund for what? Retail wow seem healthy because subscription is for retail wow not classic. classic is a “gift” with retail warcraft :slight_smile:

By “refund” I mean gametime. I don’t want money I want to play. So if I can’t play my sub should be expanded. Every day theres a queue more than an hour on any server ppl should get a day extra.

2 Likes

[OPEN SOME SERVERS!] this resolves all our issues stop commenting about other stupid crap and just ask for more servers ALOT MORE.

Adding servers now won’t help. People already created chars, made plans with friends/guild about a specific server.
We could have 200 servers at name reservation and just merge them later. Instead we got layering and 9h queues wtf??

1 Like

BFA was Blizzard (or Activison) Failed Again, but this time you guys hit the bottom. You had 2 fukking years to be ready for this and i remember one interview you say “we don’t care so much for Classic” ,when some guy asking you about it before BFA release. Ok, when you don’t care about us, then this time i think you gona take the big slaps. And this time, the private servers will be not stop. You gave them what they want, remastered version of Vanilla ,so after 2-3 months ,if you don’t fix this issues with queue ofc, many ppl will create servers on 1.13 version and the players who gona go in this private servers will never come back in Blizzard (Activison). Activision you don’t have this love and passion for this game like the REAL Blizzard had. You are total SH>IT. Now put this whole money from new subs in your a*s. I remember the first release before 15 years, then i was on 21 and was much better than now with far more older servers. With this technology today ,you are or so stupid ,or you are don’t give a sh>it about your players.

3 Likes

Say they open 10 more realms. Right now and free transfers. There’s now zero queues for anyone.

6 months pass. A lot of the people are no longer playing (most people expect more than half to stop playing). Would all of those realms still be full enough? That’s the question Blizzard need to be able to answer yes to, before they open too many more realms.

That’s the problem I suspect.

Well that just false because people have re logged to each new servers so far just because you have some insane love of what ever full server you choose does not mean everyone else will and even if you are wanting lower queue times on the big servers they will go DOWN AS PEOPLE >SPREAD< across these other servers.

1 Like

Dude they have one of the biggest relaunches ever of a game they already had created. they are penny pinching for servers even if the community’s drop off they still have the same realm merge technology to just push two realms into one that they have always had so please dont give them more stupid excuses to not add more servers

2 Likes

It’s not penny pinching. Their system is cloud based. They can spin up new realms, or they can just add new layers (and hence capacity) to existing realms (I’m not sure about the technical limit of the actual realm server itself though).

It’s not so much about if they can do something. This is more about them calculating how to solve the problem now, without causing the opposite problem in 6 months.

You will be back here in 6 months if your realm becomes a ghost town then complaining about realm merges!

I think they just want to avoid that.

What is odd, is in the US they’ve been spawning new realms like it’s going out of fashion. EU they seem very reluctant to. I do wonder why that is.

1 Like

True. I cant belive blizzard doesent just let everyone play on the same server at the same time so once layering gets removed nobody is able to play the game w/o server issues anymore.
Obv they want people to play on unpopulated servers so the servers dont crash once p2 begins.

But i dont expect someone who uses cuck unironically in 2k19 to have a critical thought about anything anyways :roll_eyes:

That’s what blizzard is now, they don’t want money, they want ALL THE MONEY! They`re no longer willing to risk some money for the happiness of own clients, rather let them boil in frustration because that way blizzard generates a few more dimes. I feel like a valued customer. Ty ACTI-BLIZZ!

1 Like