Queue times for Battle Pet Dungeons

Hello,

Is there a reason why I must wait 30+ min for a solo scenario to actually play battle pet dungeons ?
I did Wailing Critters yesterday and took forever.
Now I am waiting for Deadmines, is already over 50 minutes.

Can anyone please explain what is going on ? and Blizz maybe fix this ? is …no words.

1 Like

I have never heard of anything like this for a Pet Dungeon.

To check, I just popped in on a character, took the portal from Manapoof, took the Deadmines quest, queued, and got in within 5 seconds.

Since you’re not posting on a Retail character, I can’t check anything about your account.

Have you done the dungeons before? If so, is this the first week you’ve found the delay?

What level is the character you’re doing this on?

Did you pick up the Deadmines quest from Marcus Brown ok? You’re just waiting for the queue?

Was the first round of quests, did it twice, one normal, once without revives.
Druid level 49.
I was usually queuing while in flight form, once I turned it off I was able to get in Deadmines in 5 seconds as well. I will come with an update on it after reset.

1 Like

That makes it sound like Flight Form was the problem, though I never heard of it being a problem before.

So I took my own Druid out to Deadmines, went into Flight Form, got the queue to pop immediately. Cancelled. Repeated three times. Tried Bear form, Cat form. Every time I got an immediate queue pop. No problems found.

Odd.

As additional info, I am level locked and in Chromie time, so there are additional variables.
(switched on non Classic char)

The reason I asked about levels is that the dungeons are level locked, and the pet quests are Battlenet bound, so you can take the quest on one character but do the dungeon on another, but if you were using only any level 45+, that should not be a problem.

Level-locked + Chromie Time is another unusual factor. I can’t see why it would make a difference, but maybe it’s an odd glitch.

See what happens after reset.

And is exactly the same, and for Wailing Cavers can’t be in travel form since it is indoors, so is not that the trigger:
h t t p s//ibb.co/VCRVzPJ (take out the spaces)

edit: Removing all buffs, removable ones (toy effects) allowed instant queue response. For sure first time I had none, so hard to tell and replicate the behavior.

I can believe that form-changing effects can mess with state changes. This happens fairly regularly. There’s a current world quest where you have to run in a large circle with speed buffs that won’t work if you are form-shifted.

OTOH, as I said, my Flight Form wasn’t a problem at Deadmines.

I’ve asked on the WarcraftPets Discord to see whether anyone else has experienced this.

Trying Deadmines right now, same issue, no things at all to mislead the system…
Abandoned and retook quest, nothing happens new. Oddly enough you can take quest, queue for the scenarion, abandon quest and queue remains up (not keen to see what happens if I get a server response while I don’t have the quest :slight_smile: ).

Disabling all addons made not difference either.

Edit 2: Went and turned back on XP gains, now it works in 5 seconds…and this comes with a problem because each pet battle awards XP

1 Like

OK. I just locked an alt’s XP and confirmed. My queue for Deadmines is stuck too.

You are right that every pet battle rewards XP, and in meaningful numbers, comparable to questing, so this is a problem for anyone who wants to stay in Chromie Time.

Well done for sticking with it until you narrowed down an answer.

There is nothing any of us can do about it, Log it as a Bug Report in the game, and maybe, maybe, they’ll get around to it some day.

Will have to see if I can get in with XP on, teleport out, go lock XP then teleport back in :stuck_out_tongue:
Also thank you for letting me know there is a discord :slight_smile: I joined that also

1 Like

Nope, once you are inside there is no option to teleport in/out. Also tried to put inn as close as possible to SW keep to enable/disable XP gains while waiting to accept queue, I missed it by 2 seconds, so that’s not a solution either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.