Racial Identity in 10.0

No, this isn’t just my personal opinion. It’s how the race is, it’s how the lore around this race is. And yes, I can explain it with shamanism, because fel goes directly against that. And what’s your point with the Grimtotem having warlocks, when those Grimtotem are villains and the normal tauren can’t have warlocks either. And the Feltotem are also villains.

I’m done discussing this topic. Your arguments for Highmountain warlocks are weak and only supported by the fact that Nightborne got them, which is absolutely laughable. Highmountain will never get warlocks.

2 Likes

they could exists as outcasts but it would mean a sort of new race made just for 1 class (like the rendorei). too much stretched and complicated imho.

I could say the same really. :upside_down_face:

In what way is Mordent Evenshade being titled “the Highborne” with racial tag “Night Elf” actual nonsense?

I honestly still don’t get how you can acknowledge that the Shen’dralar are Highborne survivors and that they have rejoined the Night Elven society in Cata, and yet at the same time state that all Night Elves are lowborne. :woman_shrugging:

It’s a simple exercise of set theory. Given the statements:

• The Shen’dralar are Night Elven Highborne
  • The Shen’dralar have rejoined the Night Elven society

Then logically, it is also true that some members of the Night Elven society are Highborne.

Once again, I am not saying that the Night Elf racial questline should define them all as Highborne. They aren’t, and I don’t want them to be. But a quest delving in the Night Elven lore could very reasonably tell the tale of how magic was banned and then allowed again with the return of some outcasts after 10,000 years, and grant a necklace and a tiara as two of many more rewards (including many more druid and priest appropriate items), without twisting the entire Night Elven culture or robbing the Nightborne race of its identity.

The same thing was told to the Void elf players, on their High elf aspect, I would not talk that sure, as they say, never say never.

Also, if my argument was laughable, and you did laugh at it, I am happy that I could make you laugh today.

Have a great day!

Regardless of my personal opinions on that particular subject, the High Elves were something that’s been asked for by a lot of people since Classic, and have been in the story since Warcraft 2. I doubt that the amount of people wishing for Highmountain warlocks is even a blip on the radar, and is certainly not something worth soiling over what’s left of the tauren lore. Not to mention that nothing in lore or story supports Highmountain warlocks. The Nightborne having them doesn’t support it either.

As for my earlier comment, I apologize if I came off as rude. I meant no disrespect.

Have a great day as well!

1 Like

Did anyone say ‘subfactions and unexplored racial minorities’?

1 Like

Actually, am I the only one finding it amusing that the same person who thinks that the Shen’dralar Highborne are not to be considered part of the Night Elven society despite of their race tag (plus the quests stating they negotiated their return to Teldrassil of course) would at the same time support the addition of warlocks for the Highmountain Taurens despite their CURRENT kill-on-sight relationship with the Grimtotem based on the fact that they ‘might’ work out their differences with them in the future?

1 Like

I dont know why u count weapon recolors as unique model and didnt count armour recolors as unique :rofl:

1 Like

[Racial Identity in 10.0]

Twitter goes

1 Like

I think I’d rather see the current, core areas of each race be given the time to truly shine. So rather than wasting efforts on things such as Nightborne Druids, we look at the Duskwatch and the Nighthunters and truly see what it means to be a Nightborne Hunter.

Then obviously we get more from the Shal’dorei Magisters and Warriors. Nightborne Priests, Warlocks, Monks, Death Knights etc - they come along for the ride but they aren’t the core focus.

Same goes for the Blood Elves, who have a 3 clear sectors (Paladin, Mage, Hunter) and the other classes just fit around them. I think I’d prefer racial focus to truly dive into what it means to be a Blood Knight, Magister and Farstrider.

Draeneis were the first warlocks before Zandalari and Orcs

I can agree with the Draeneis being the warlock,maybe all races can be warlocks,they aren’t bound to fel but demon hunters do

How never?it must not be never,because it will ever happen for next or 2 next expansions,just like about allied races Vrykul, and then vulperas getting diaper transmog,it must be happening

I yelled to Blizzard so much to agree with themselves because i was angry once Diaper gnomes (Mechagnomes) became an allied race

I like the idea of quests for each race in WoW, however if they took this on board as an idea it wouldn’t be until at least 2 expansions down the road before we saw this.

Why do you think so?

I think that this would b a great theme for an expansion.

1 Like

How about more heritage armor sets too :frowning:

1 Like

that’s the problem, probably, they already done it.

The focus in Legion was the class, not the race of the character.

The heritage sets we got in the past were a step in that direction, but as far as I know we haven’t gotten race-specific questlines as a main expansion feature ever since the original starting areas were created?

then you have to wait until 19th and see if they were on your same page.

Today is the day!

So we will find out soon enough. :wink: