Racials are the original covenants - Remove them

To answer your questions. I thought the Covenants were a good idea, and I’m looking forward to seeing them again in Dragonflight. Correct me if I am wrong, but that’s a positive outlook.

I do agree that they should be cosmetic only, and it looks like Blizz agrees with you on that as well, because they’re not getting tied to borrowed power in DF.

But if you’re being told by your group leader that you have to play a certainly Class/Spec/Race combination, that is your choice. Personally, I would just change my Group leader before I changed any of the above. But if you don’t want to do that, that’s fine.

I think we’re talking different things here. Please could you define Casual player for me. As I think everyone on this forum has a different definition for “Casual Player”.

Personally, prefer to talk about just players.

Anyway, it comes across that you might have your wires crossed on what I am saying there. Maybe you should re-read it. Or explain what you don’t understand.

1 Like

Again. Stuns arent the only cc in the game

Some guy in similar tread told me that u need 25% more dmg to kill an orc :face_with_monocle:

Its not insulting there is a difference between being casual and not and if u are casual the covenant abilitys etc wont really change anything for you,

No thats a fact not subjective

Again no the whole covenant system for 1 year after release orsmth like that was horrible

And the devs create the systems , abilties etc so we can also say its the devs fault then

True but that how mmorpg’s are now we arent in 2004

I hope we dont see covenants anymore, the idea of them arent bad but they cant implement it properly so why risk another expansion with some dumb systems etc

Yes.

Wonder why…

Casual player = ppl that dont push high/competetive content like high rated pvp, keys and mythic raiding.

You can play wow 16 hours a day and do casual things like achievment collecting etc only which is fine but then the racials etc wont even matter to you, i doubt any casual is gonna sit and think oh wow X racial ability was so useful rn or w.e. Though i dont think they should be removed just inactive in at least pvp and some aspects of pve

1 Like

Okay what else cc are u gonna use? Cuz if u count ring of peace and knock back abilitys as CC as well then sure but 20% for any stun is just dumb

I mean no but u deffo need good dmg since u cant really CC them properly compared to other races imo :man_shrugging:

U can cyclone,root,freeze etc as any other race

Cyclone is a stun and root freeze can be dispelled unless your healer is cc’d or sleeping

Its not. As was said earlier u overestimate hardiness. Yes its strong and requires tuning but its not the issue that holds players on 1800 :rofl:

I got bad news for you pal.

That sounds pretty hardcore to me.

So when a player only has 2 hours to play 3 times per week, but only does +20 keys, Mythic Raiding, or Gladiator level PVP. Does that make him Hardcore? Because I would just class that as a good player who players casually.

I think, rather than calling everyone Casuals, maybe you should be talking about Competitive Players, and everyone else.

So being able to dispel using Arcane Torrent. Or maybe you want to burn down that mob a little bit faster with Whatever enrage racial. Oh, I’ve been stunned, good job for Every Man for Himself or whatever it’s called now.

I disagree. I honestly believe that if you want to be the top of your game you should need to be going outside of your comfort zone. i.e. needing to PVE for the best trinket for PVP. In fact, I think the way conduits worked this expansion really did play on that really well. Or, you have to submit to certain Race/Class/Spec combinations. It’s a sacrafice you need to make to be the best.

But the people at the top aren’t moaning about it like you. They’re more interested in using the top combination of everything and are there enjoying the game. Whilst you’re just crying about it on the forums.

I always found pvp to be a joke when it comes to how much you get stunned/cc’d. How people even want to get rid of less CC is beyond me ^^.

Racials almost don’t affect pve at all either besides some being better than others.

I think racials are find.

1 Like

It really isnt

well i disagree with your opinion and i generally thinks its bad and conduits were extremely bad system for any pvper and was another reason why many of hte ppl i pvp with quit cuz they didnt want to farm 20 conduits on every covenant and alt etc

And wow is the only mmorpg with a good pvp system

Imo 80% of hte cc in pvp should be removed honestly, some classes has 100% uptime on 40%? slows etc and stuns are just unfun like who wants to play a game where u are forced to do nothing for 20+ seconds sometimes it isnt fun or enjoyable

You’re saying playing 16 hours a day isn’t hardcore? That is pretty hardcore, doesn’t matter what aspect of the game they are playing. That is hardcore playing

I think Conduits have been a very well thought out system, and in fact a very good system which added an additional layer of customisation to your playstyle. I just think that they were suitable for the World of Warcraft community.

And as for PVP players, if you really wanted to be the top of your game, you would just do what was necessary to get there.

The people quitting because they don’t want to do a little PVE, aren’t World of Warcraft players anyway… they’ll probably be having a better time playing Call of Duty or whatever.

ITs a good system, but it’s not the only system in the game. In fact, its one of the side games. World of Warcraft is a big game, and if you want to be able to play World of Warcraft, you should expect to need to play World of Warcraft.

Its not hardcore if u arent really doing any hard content

I think you are just trolling now, conduits are a horrible system

No but its 1 of the 3 main systems and its getting ruined by the 2 other systems m+ and raiding gear + conduits etc

Pvp is about skill not who has done more m+ for their conduits etc

That’s simply not true.

No, it’s your opinion that it was.
Opinions are subjective.
I disagree with you because I have a different opinion. Hence… It’s not fact.

To a degree, sure, but players take it to the extreme and go too far.

If you agree, then why would you want the game to cater to that kind of playstyle even more? Imo it should not be catered to and the devs should try and demotivate people from playing that way.

That’s your definition and that’s fine. But that’s not what a casual is to everyone.
Hence it’s better to just avoid the term.

With what you’re saying in the above statement you should call those people ‘non big 3 players’. Because that’s more accurate.

I for instance am a ‘non big 3 player’, but I’m definitely not a ‘casual’.

So if someone with 1 hour to play a week logs in and completes 1 Mage Tower challenge each week, does that make him Hardcore?

Your definition is mixed up. You need to stop referring to Hardcore players are playing Hard content. You should say Competitive Players do Competitive Content.

No Troll. It is a good system. Just not for World of Warcraft. I don’t think it should be in the game either… doesn’t make it a bad system.

by systems I take that you mean End Game content.

I would say that Primarily what attracted the original players to the game was the World Content, Questing and Storylines, which is something I feel Blizzard have been really letting the side down recently. However, Dragonflight looks better for that stuff.

Raiding and PVP were part of the Endgame attraction, but not the main System of the game.

To a degree Yes. But, there are other way to better your opponent, and that is by getting better Gear, using the best Class/Spec/Race Combination, and using the Conduits Soulbinds. Once you get the BiS of all of those, you’ve found yourself in a more exclusive league of players who have put the time into the Characters, and they’ve gotten rid of all the riff raff casuals.

Agreed.

1 Like

So because 1 person thinks communism is good that means communism isnt a horrible thing? just becuase you have an opinion doesnt mean something isnt a fact

And how are they gonna do that

Yea sorry we shouldnt hurt casuals feelings ig?

Maybe u a lil hurt over i called u a casual?

Mage tower isnt hard content so no

Then its not a good system :woman_facepalming: no way you arent trolling man

Most people dont even read the quest

Man thats the most dumb thing you have said so far. There is only 3 main systems in the game and have been for years thanks to blizzard making leveling fast and easy etc etc

Gear isnt skill though its RNG i can clear the same raid as you but u get more gear cuz of luck and no gear means absolute nothing in high rating cuz everyone has the same ilvl etc etc and it just ruins it for newer players and alts cuz of the gear cap is so big

No that would be complete incorrect it was one of the reasons for sure but hte main part was the social aspect since it was something brand new that havent been seen before.

Covenants are just locking you into the meta though. We are (were) not even able to go have fun in another covenant with other powerfull abilities an evening for you know; fun. It is bad. I am also not going to play other specs on my chars. Why? Covenants. In the end we play less and have less fun because again; Covenants.

1 Like