Racials need turning into a talent

Voidelf is such a quality of life if you are used too it you never want something else smooth racials

Nerf N11 btw.

the racial only gives 2% of the value u have. so for example if u have 30% haste without the racial it wont give u 32% with it. it gives u 2% of ur 30%, which would be 0,6% increase.
for u to have a 5% increase in haste ud have to be at 250% haste without the racial.

Maybe he’s referring to double insignia

1 Like

even with that its not possible. like not even close.
im not familiar with lock stats nor if they got some haste proccs or sth but they surely dont get to 250% haste. like thats astonomically high.
like even for the racial to give u an actual 2% increase in the character tab u need to be at 100% haste.

right now i got an orc dk and a human dk both at 80 and both have same gear.
i took every haste/vers honor piece there is, so im basically “full haste” with em.

my orc has 16.36% haste
now 2% of that with the human racial is 0.32%
and thats exactly what my human gains, i have 16.68% haste on human

so ye the increase is not that crazy.
tbf we are at the start of an expansion and stats are low but like said u need 50% of a stat for the human racial to even make 1% difference.

dont get me wrong the racial is good, it also affect all ur other 3 secondary stats.
but ye its not that big of a deal.

Race change income. Not sure will they give it up.

It’s basically a pseudo interrupt/trinket/cheat death that also makes rogues and druids do more stealth openers, depending on how you use it. It’s so stupid lol. I can’t believe it’s still in the game like this. I don’t think it matters THAT much tho, but i can see Nelf racial being one of those luxuries that you just get so used to having that you cant play without it, like WotF in the past

1 Like

honor trinket gives haste
warlock doesnt need medallion because everyone always goes them and stun is the only cc in this case
and just fyi its more than 2% because it counts upwards
eg if u would get +10.1 haste from that bonus it gives you 11 haste instead

no it doesnt. even the tooltip tells u its 2%. and since its 2% from the value u have its less then 2% in char tab if ur below 100% haste.

its good haste but it doesnt get u even close to the value u need to have to gain 5%…

its quick maths once u realize how the racial really works.
like tell me how much haste u have in % and i can tell u exactly how much of that is from the human racial.

Wouldnt they get more income from race changes if they made racials irrelevant? People would reroll to whatever they want and switch them whenever they felt like it instead of being locked to a single race cause of their op racial

aah i just realized what u mean my bad.
u mean the % racial additionally to the blanket value that u gain from also using double haste trinket.
not sure how much excatly that would be but ye that could come close to a 5% total late expansion when stats are high.

Hmm. good point, maybe. In long run I think they would lose money.
Cos they let people play OP racial for awhile and then nerf, buff some and min/maxers buy race change.

maybe try some math beforehand
i calculated and i’m 100% sure u did not

exactly 5

Insert ‘witty’ comment about my rpg elements wholr slurping that copium while posting as a nelf or orc.

I really hope they do address racials real talk.

if it is applied strictly in instanced pvp then it can’t be too much

Void elf racials ftw!

honestly. just ban racials in rated pvp

there no need for them

1 Like

here again are current ingame numbers with characters that have the same gear:

its exactly a 2% increase, from 16.36% (100%) to 16.68% (102%).

with the racial, humans gain 2% of the |%-value| u have.
if ud have a non-human with 50% haste and ud racechange that one to human ud have 51% haste.
u basically can calculate it simply with rule of proportion:
|50% haste| - |100% without racial|
|1% haste| - |2% from the racial|
|51% haste| - |102% with racial|

so the thing is, the more haste value u have, the higher is the gain from the racial.
but thats the case because its percentage based, not because it counts upwards or w/e.
for example, 2% of |30% haste| is 0.6% haste and that is ofc less then 2% of |50% haste| which is 1% haste.

but ye the calculation above is only the 2% racial alone.
i believe u that that ontop of double haste trinket gave u 5% total haste increase last season.

It would be really nice to see other racials incentivised. It doesn’t feel as bad in PvE, but in PvP, you really feel you are doing a disservice to yourself if you pick aesthetics over impact.