Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB

Is Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB at £299 still a good deal? (From Overclockers UK)

My thinking is, I need something that will perform well at 1440p with settings at least at 5/6 in raid environments and higher in open world, plus I can still get away with it for the next expansion (so I’m not rushing out to upgrade right at the start!).

My Vega 56 runs 4K (due to me making the mistake of getting a 4K monitor w/o fully realising it, 'til I got it set up) reasonably well… not used it in an instance, yet but certainly a noticeable improvement over the 1050ti I had before it.

As far as the price goes, my '56 cost me £250 (from OCUK, as it happens), so I’d say ‘win’.

Thanks for sharing. I see the RX 590 is out, and it’s a bit cheaper than the VEGA 56. Would you say the RX 590 is better (performance or otherwise)?

I’m now tossing up between one of the Radeon RX Vega cards and the Powercolor Radeon RX 580 (£179.99), and the Powercolor Radeon RX 590 (£218.99) for playing WoW (raid settings 5/6, open world at least 7/8+) from OCUK.

The Vega cards are better/faster than even the RX 5xx cards… so for >£250, the Vega 56 is the way to go.

https :// gpu.userbenchmark. com/Compare/AMD-RX-Vega-56-vs-AMD-RX-470/3938vs3640

Thanks.

So for WoW specifically, is the Vega 64 going to perform significantly better than the Vega 56 or am I better off saving the £30-40 difference? Remember I play at 1440p…

The 56 is more than enough; you may want to look at the CPU feeding the graphics, too… that may be a better point of upgrade, as WoW is still largely a CPU hungry game.

Gotcha.

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

With Blower cooler I would argue it can be to loud and to hot. If it’s a partner card, like a good Sapphire 3-fan solution then it should be quite good… But even at that price it’s a direct competition vs similarly priced RX 5700 while better RX 5700 XT is also close - with partner cards Navi should be a strong option.

I’m using a custom water cooled Vega and that’s quiet and can overkill WoW easily (3440x1440 at mode 7). Now waiting for the future big Navi :slight_smile: You can also check my WoW benchmarks:
https://rk.edu.pl/en/benchmarking-and-analyzing-world-warcraft-performance/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.