Radiant Echoes Improvements Are Now Live

Low RNG shouldn’t exist in a one time event…

People are already spent doing that in Remix, and that was over 3 months. This event is just 3 weeks.

According to Wowhead that stuff wasn’t from recruit a friend but from the Shadowlands pre-event (and the others from the “new” starting zone island, I thought the stuff looked familiar). The RNG sh*t sucks but I take solace in knowing this stuff is returned, so there will either be another chance for them to return or at some point getting a proper vendor.

Also they changed how tags work, this hasn’t been the case from the start. You now get credit for being in the zone but previously didn’t. Though, this is something that probably hardly anyone encounters due to their levels but…if you die in one of the echoes you’re phased out and any credit possibly accumulated is for naught, also dying disqualifies you for kill credit on boss echoes. Sucks especially in Searing Gorge because there is no deadflight and I lost Hakkar credit 3 times, third time I stayed dead…
On top of that, level 10 for the event to start is too soon. It should at least be level 15 because the mobs in the areas are minimum level 15. My locked level 10 paladin can hold his own against them if it’s 3 or 4 at most but I don’t want to know how this is for non tank classes.
ALSO echo (raid?) boss skills scale horribly to lower levels, poison pool from Hakkar Flying Snakes do a lot, Hakkar’s blood thingy reduces you to 1 (so any mind controlled character one shots you, Thorim and Jaraxxus are impossible.

side note: loot still awful and most of the time just from the zone boss…which there is typically just one or two spawned now anyways because few people play. One could blame it on the time but I’ve seen it like this in other times as well, though I concede I may just be unlucky with this. 3-4 pieces of equipment after 2-3ish hours is…yeah, well, you tell me what it is. Since most people have what they wanted and no longer play the event, can we get the previous system back for future weeks?

Kudos for some of the echo names btw, Green Hills Zone being my favourite for obvious reasons. Many people still don’t know what to do when it’s not about killing though. Even then, people just bumrush. What’s the Con in “Orange Con!” supposed to mean anyway? The only thing I can think of that makes sense is confrontation because lowlevel<yellow<orange<red<skull

1 Like

We spotted players funneling the weekly quests from their alts to their mains, and we don’t want that to feel necessary, so these quests will now be account-bound and they will repeat daily instead of weekly.

Sorry for the question. It’s genuine and I don’t mean to offend anyone but are you actually retarded? You made certain currencies semi-account-wide, meaning there isn’t an actual shared pool but we are able transfer them from one character to another for convinience and now you are surprised people are doing that? What is happening now? Is it a communication problem or you have mental disabilities? Who are the ones calling the shots here? Why every one of you seem to be completely tonedeath?

I’m sorry but if you’re one of those very, very few who play this game but for one reason or another won’t buy the current expansion, you really can’t expect that extremely tiny majority to be catered to at all. You’re essentially playing the game wrong. I’m pretty broke myself and the 90€ price tag for the expansion was rough, I have maybe 100€ or so to spend on entertainment each month, so definitely not swimming in cash, but if you can’t afford the expansions, this really is not the right game for you.

I’ll make this short and quick, reread my comments, I am not making the demands (or voice expectations) you think I do. And I don’t judge people as harshly for supposedly “playing the game wrong”, I think I can expect the same from others. I know it’s easy to read that into my comments if one is so inclined, but you’ll notice I toned it down and made concessions.

Can you fix sharding lol currently doing a zone with like 2 ppl… portal out and in into the same zone with the same ppl isn’t fun when ppl do their daily and go :stuck_out_tongue:

GG you no lifed an event… what has that got to do with drops that don’t drop… level two low levels to max and not came close to collecting the set…

im playin just for the daily and ive finished all the mogs. isnt a matter of no life. just organization.

1 Like

Ah, that’s my issue. Thanks.

There appears to be an issue with Chromie time and the event. Even with low levels the damage they deal is not transferring to mobs properly.

Fore even specific items? Maybe. But those backs are returning recruitment items. And by their nature they should stay being rare and exclusive.

“Rare and Exclusive”… you do realise those are still available in-game with Argent Commendations off an NPC in Icecrown?

1 Like

So basicaly this is deal. You can have RNG frop for those back items since they were original meant only for recruit a friend or you wont get them at all in this event. Whats your choice. Blizzard will never give them to you for free so its RNG during event or nothing at all.

To think someone would defend the atrocious drop rate of gear for leveling characters… where said characters can’t even handle trash mobs doing Objectives because their gear is so far behind. :joy:

Meanwhile 70s can just buy their gear for just 50k residues for all slots…

I am so fed up with this event, i have been at it for days and im still not even close to being done. The rewards are WAY too expensive, and the grind takes forever, even with these changes in place. I leveled 6 alts in this event and it was a absolute pain, the drop rates are trash, and you get way behind in gear, to keep up with the levels, and if you die during a event and dont make it back in time, because you have to WALK back as for some reason flying back to corpse doesn’t work half the time, you dont get any xp or rewards for participating in the event.

Pre patches used to be cool events with a few exclusive cosmetics, you could be done with in a day or two, but this event is WAY too grindy, and gets boring really fast. Who on earth thought players would enjoy doing this uninspired nostalgia driven excuse for a event over and over for days if not weeks, just to get the rewards before they are gone forever.

Pre-patch events has always been something special and memorable, but you really dropped the ball with this one. Worst pre-patch ever.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the thing…the event was NOT meant to be this way, Blizz wanted it differently. But some people really hated that they couldn’t just grind on end to be done with the whole thing within hours…so Blizzard “listened” and they changed it to how it is now (well sort of, a few hiccups with the changes that needed to be fixed and all). This now has nothing to do with nostalgia anymore either, the nostalgia is at most the backdrop. It’s just speeding back and forth between fastest echoes.

The event previously worked on a 1,5 hour rotation (rotations were to speed up week after week), there were issues but sweet zombie jeebus the drops were decent, not half decent but actually decent, almost guaranteed 1-2 drops PER ECHO. Now there’s a slim chance per echo and medium chance final boss. They also removed some neat flavour stuff like baby Onyxia, baby Ragnaros…and instead of a baby Arthas they put (baby?) Arfus there. Not sure what else has gone missing but it’s a horrible grindfest now that’s for sure. It’s one of those times where I get to say it’s not always fun being right because I predicted this outcome. My only hope is that they revert the changes now because everyone who wanted to speedrun this is not doing it anymore anyway. The currency gain does not make up for the loot loss, especially because the backs and recruit gear is class/spec specific and only drops for <70 chars and can’t be purchased.

can we reduce the health now? all players quit and we dont like to fight target dummies for 10 min.

2 Likes

I’m tired see many people flying circle/stop as do nothing in spawn get reward and leveling.

Lazy them

Be glad that they do nothing. Becouse they add HP to mobs while having no dmg to actualy kill them becouse nobady have itemlvl.

1 Like

Participation plummets after the first zone boss kill.

20 minutes left there’s so few people around… leveling a Shaman, 59 atm with 167 ilvl, and it can barely handle a single trash mob.

Why? Because in Blizzard’s infinite wisdom they decided to make gear drops so rare not keeping up with leveling. Literally seeing people in their 60s with gear from Exile’s Reach still…

BLIZZARD, SELL RECRUIT GEAR OFF THE VENDOR DAMN IT!!

Lazy? People leveling do damn all damage because gear lags so far behind as they level where a single trash mob is dangerous.

Plus if they tagged an Objective’s boss it’d add health to it while their damage is nonexistent. They’re doing you a favour by not tagging it making it take longer to kill, while still getting a reward.

Blame Blizzard for not having Recruit gear sold off the vendor. Until they do don’t blame people for ‘leeching’.

1 Like