Raid consumables and money

So, I never raided before and my new guild has planned a raid in a few days and I, of course, want to show that I care. So, my question is how many flasks, pots and food I need to take for the Heroic raid? I’m playing as Blood DK.
Also, should I really care that much for enchants? I’m curently leveling my enchanting skill but I want to change to alchemy for a couple of reasons.

1. Leveling enchanting skill is a pain mostly because of umbra shards that cost from 100 to 200 g on AH.
  2. Alchemy will save me a couple of hundred gold that I would spend for pots (my guild leader makes cauldrons, so at least I don’t need to think of those). I could also sell those pots on AH and then buy enchants for money earned.

1 flask lasts for 1 hour unless you’re herbalist, then its 2. so depends on raid length.
you need flasks for entire raid so you can do the math here.

pots… depends really, if you’re doing NM/HC raids, just get 10-20 and use them when you really have to.
pre-pot before engaging, then pot in the fight again.

food - if you dont use feasts as a guild, then i’d take 50. if you have leftovers can always use next time.

yeah enchants are good, you can just buy them from AH tho instead of leveling it yada yada.
get basic enchants at least which are really cheap right now.

1 Like

1 flask lasts for 1 hour unless you’re herbalist, then its 2.

It’s actually from Alchemy, not Herbalism.

Also, as a tank, I honestly wouldn’t bother with pots in a heroic raid. You can go for it if you really want to show off, though.

2 Likes

I’m impressed really helpful post by you :stuck_out_tongue: well done :smiley:

1 Like

I dont know what you should do or what your guild want but i can say what I do.

1. I always use the highest enchants possible. Specialy now when secondary stats are more rare than in legion. More haste more fun.
  2. Alchemy on every class which I use for raiding and m+. 2hr flask is must for poor people like me.
  3. I use prolonges from legion. I had like 3k of them so I need to spend them. But I always have some BFA pots in bag for situation where is need to max my dmg.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.