Raidbots stat weights

i want to know which enchant to use om my armour without losing too much to the soft cap.

i’ve run a stat weights but don’t really know how to read it.

below if pasted it, does this mean i should get more crit strike or that i have enough of it.
what do the numbers behind the stats mean?
does pvp have any different soft cap or the same as pve?

Agility

Off Hand Weapon DPS

Critical Strike

Versatility

Haste

Mastery

Weapon DPS

Agility 4.25
Off Hand Weapon DPS 3.40
Critical Strike 2.25
Versatility 2.08
Haste 1.74
Mastery 1.52
Weapon DPS 22.07

Think of it as saying that one point of Crit will give you 2.25 extra DPS. The scaling may be different, but that’s the basic idea.

So you want Crit,

The sim has already taken diminishing returns into account, at least within a reasonable range of your current values. So yeah, if you want to add an enchant right now, Crit is what you are looking for.

The scales should be re-run at … does Raidbots use 50 or 250 increments? … the scales should be re-run when you add either 50 or 250 points to any stat. I can’t remember which Raidbots uses, but I think it’s 250.

PvP is entirely different. Also not at all different.

What a stat weight sim does is, exactly, calculate your current DPS given a specific build and rotation, if you play that rotation perfectly. THEN it calculates your DPS in the same situation, but after adding 50 or 250 points to each stat separately. Then it calculates which stat would increase your DPS most, and by exactly how much per point.

So the same calculation works for PvP, BUT in PvP you are surely never going to run a solid, perfect, PVE rotation on the target for five straight minutes.

So while the numbes are correct, you might find in PvP that the extra tankiness from Vers is far more important than the extra DPS from Crit. Or because of your playstyle, Haste lowering your GCD is more important.

So I would say use your PvE weights, up to the point where you make some decision like that that isn’t part of a puer DPS calculation.

thanks alot one more thing i forgot. what does the site mean with weapon dps, i simply ned a better weapon?

Sorry I missed your follow-up question.

It’s not so much that you need a better weapon. It just gives the relative effect of getting one. And getting a better main-hand, especially, would be very good for your damage. But that’s pretty much always true for melee classes - weapons help tremendously.

I wouldn’t run stat weight sims.

Just use raid bots top gear sim which will tell you what is the best upgrade for your character (and takes into account diminishing returns etc)

You can select to replace existing enchants abit further down past the section where you select your gear. You can also set it to sim single target (patchwork) or aoe/m+ (usually dungeonslice)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.