Raider IO is just stupid

I must be honest though - I have no clear view on how much of a difference they do make if have all 3 bis items, or have next to none and how much proper essences play the role. But I know my rogue went from hero (S2) to zero (S3) - I mean she pulls her weight and all. She is not a ‘carry’, but she clearly does less than I’ve seen my friends pull on their ‘much better traited’ alts. And considering i did fairly last season vs. other rogues, I do not see it as purely player issue (like I see with my druid, where the issue is clearly in me for comparison).

However since this season is ending, I do not stress much about it. Just for good measure got my dk do a missing 15 for achievent today and we’ll see what fun I discover next season.

Idk about that. All runs i did with that low ilvl was pretty late so we always had someone well geared, so it’s kind of hard to tell what is possible.
Closest i have to that low gear i can compare to are start of the season full 2.2k group doing a +10 SotS and we did 2 chest it with average of 418 ilvl.
So 14 minutes faster than needed, but that is with skips, fully optimized characters from the season before all mains so we know how to play them and all players in the group is way above average.
I think you lose more than 14 min if you’re a fresh 400 ilvl character, the group does no skips and are on none mains, and the 400 ilvl gear is not optimized, i am starting to doubt, i don’t think it will be easy, especially not for average players, but until we see someone actually go for this, imma call plausible on this.
Ofc if you have all the knowledge about the emissaries and stuff that we didn’t have, then you save some time aswell.

Actual boosting is so rampant in wow atm, that when people say boosted, they usually mean paid boost, or at least that is how it looked, but we really need 2 different words to describe the situations.
Personally i use Boosted, when paid boost, and carried when some didn’t carry their weight.

Did the exact same thing, you did not need to be a monster to do that really, but was playing top 500 at the time so players were pretty solid.
But i feel like it was different, looking back, timing 10s with no gear when M+ just came out compared to today just doesn’t feel the same, for reference look at the thing above, comparing with this actual season.

Yea i think that is reasonable. 15s can be cleared decently easy with 430 and pulling at least 30k is definitely doable with 430.

This i think is less reasonable, doing 50k is definitely dungeon, spec and tank dependable, but if you’re pushing 18s, then yea you should definitely pull that if that is not bad.

I am too, which is why i linked a case of me doing it

Had the almost exact same situation with my shaman. at 399 did a +10 or +12 in time with 23k, but was still lower than the tank on meter (445 prot pala) so i naturally felt carried (what the other guy called boosted), which i definitely was.
And at 405 i did a +10 and did around 30k, this time not carried as much cause i was 2nd on meters (but number 1 did like 45k).
Actually if i could do 23k overall with 400 gear, then a competent group could probably do a +10 in time with 400 ilvl, but i still stand by the top part as if little knowledge of route or how the affix exactly works in a dungeon that is not freehold or TD, you’ll probably struggle.

1 Like

People who struggle because of Raiderio are just bad players, end of the discussion.

Just use your own key, if you refuse to then you have no right to complain about other people not inviting you to theirs.

Simple fact is if they disable raider io then only 440 players will now be allowed in any 10+ key. Raider IO is only benificial to low ilvl players and even then it is not that good.

/threadcomplete

My issue with raider IO, as a tank, is that I’m terrified to let people down. I raided in Legion, but my guild disbanded and I have no experience in current m+. Knowing that most people are looking to a tank player to know everything and lead the way I tried to watch some videos about pathing and tactics.
This actually made me have even more questions than I had before: “kill whole instance with bolstering, but watch for some mob because it may not die”, “you need to snap x mob here, but not y”…

So back to Raider IO - I tried to play dps to check what experienced tanks are doing, but with low rio score it was difficult for me to get invites, to I stopped trying to be a tank and I just do LFR and world content.

Consider joining a community to get the chance to learn in a friendly and relaxed environment.

There is Zen Horde for the horde (but seems like they are at member cap now):

1 Like

I have been tanking with my alt lately. Just go in yolo. You have to be exceptionelly bad with the tanking to manage to ruin keys. If the key is ruined its down to low dps mostly.

I tanked a +10 at night with ilvl 405 on my latest alt with no problem at all , sounds like you either don’t want to tank properly or don’t want to put the effort in , tanking requires the least effort of the roles

not really. no

yes really. yes

Complainers mostly consist of low skilled players who wants to get carried by other people.

They have an option like working with guild members, they have another option like pushing their own keys. I remember when I created +2 mythic run with this Warlock when it was around 400-405 ilvl, high iLvL and rio tanks applied and they carried me, people that I don’t know at all randomly came to help.

If they are unable to find a place among PvE community because of Rio it is just their fault, I have done it in the hard way when I first started to BfA in 8.1 by trying to push solo without little to no help and succeded hence they can do the same unless they are noobs.

You basically give a lot of arguments why rio is just terrible and not working. Go play with friends/communities as solution… And no, rio is not a number based on skill.

1 Like

Raider . io is a pretty accurate overview of your m+ experience (score) and your skill (which dungeons in time, how many chests etc).

If you have low rio, then you are going to have to spend some time grinding out keys in the +2 to +8 range. Not only will that improve your score to make people more likely to take you, but you will turn out a better m+ player for the experience.

You cannot expect to jump straight into 10s. If your rio is full of depleted 10s, then players have every right to take from this that if they take you, you will probably deplete their 10.

It is experience, not skill. And you are there for the show when there are 4 other players in your group making or breaking the runs.

If you have +20s in time across the board, it is unlikely you are being carried. Only a small minority of players buy boosts (and those are mostly +10s), so generally it is a pretty accurate picture of your ability.

Well, mostly rio is not the problem for +20’s and also not used for those runs. Looking at the OP this is more about +10’s.

please link your main, I really do hope its neither your warlock or warrior tho. because that’s not “success”.
that score is something you could get as 3 person not 5.

I guess Im low skill, but guess you’re not :joy: please link your main before we go on.

Raider io is only a problem for those who decide they don’t want to make an effort to get their scores up and join groups easily , their own problem.

2 Likes

Make friends join guilds communites do not use it enjoy your “blind” runs have nice day!

I want to know if people with who i spend time have same exp and same goal as i do!

I like to play with like minded people!

I am more than sure you can join and make groups without it!

Why you try to hide or even join somewhere you are not wanted?

1 Like

I would say experience also matters.

Well, about the effort and proper tanking, I watched many videos about doing m+, but they all are aimed at people doing higher keys.

But maybe my fears are unreasonable and I should just try. Arghh. I don’t know. I’m just paranoid I will do something wrong.