Rainy areas

I love rain, and I’d like to level up a new character on a place with permanent rain, but the problem is that as far as I’ve seen, weather is randomized, so I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me, knows if there’s a place with fixed weather.

I know there’s a toy that changes weather but it lasts only for 10 minutes and it has 1 hour cooldown so that doesn’t really satisfy my needs :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Well just remember TWW appears to take place underground, so don’t expect much in terms of rain :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The only permanent “weather” I can think of is the netherstorm in some TBC Outland zones. Sadly we don’t have any permanent snow/rain zones.

… apologies for my response as it’s not helpful - UK is doing a cracking job of being a permanent rain zone :flushed:

6 Likes

i would love to live in uk lol .as it hardly rains in my area . lets switch places .

2 Likes

I left the UK 20 years ago (I’m British btw) and I’m glad I don’t live there anymore… the UK is not as good as you think it is :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can’t think of a time since November when we have had more than 2 days in a row without rain. One dry day here and there, then back to the rain.

It seriously gets tiresome :weary:

2 Likes

Agreed, if I could move away from the U.K tomorrow I would, without even thinking about it.

1 Like

I found Stormsong Valley annoying with how much rain there was. It wasn’t there all the time but it did seem to be more than normal.
I tried the console command to turn it off but it didn’t seem to get rid of it entirely.

Weather and Daylight should be in the Options menu.

Get one of these:

1 Like

It has been a long while, so this might not be 100% accurate, but isn’t Gilneas more or less enveloped in constant rain?

1 Like

Yup! Short levelling experience there though.

Krasarang Wilds is also very rainy.

Somehow I remember Zangarmarsh for constant rains.

Yes. In fact in WoD the only area of the swamp that exists (since the rest is a sea) literally has constant rain.

it needs to stop. We are going to submerge

1 Like

Just as a side note to the weather issue you have to also understand that the weather is instrumental in the spawning of certain Battle Pets. Like the baby ape of Jaguero Island that only appears when it rains. I had a character camped there and checked every day. Similar are the sandstorms of Tanaris.

Just that if you check various sites for pets it actually tells you the weather that is expected. Baby Ape Pet Battle: The Cape of Stranglethorn. Weather: Rain

It also states that if its raining on the island it wont be raining in Stranglethorn. Collecting pets gives you a keen awareness of the weather. Just station all your 50 characters in different places and chart the weather. Using the Battle Pet guides. Not only will you get wet but you could also snag yourself an amazing Baby Ape probably the best critter killer in the game.

1 Like

Greetings, fellow pluviophile!

I also love when it rains, in-game and in real life.

IIRC, Zandalar can get pretty rainy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, but we get the miserable rain. The storms aren’t the cool ones you see elsewhere, it’s just miserable near-constant downpours of rain just cold enough to be uncomfortable!

I did not know this word but I know I am one!

And yes, Zuldazar is an amazing zone, especially when it rains.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Wetlands - it was always foggy and rainy when I levelled there. Also un goro crater and sholazar basin have some tropical rains sometimes.
Isn’t the ingame weather influenced by the player’s local weather?