Ramadan Kareem

there always has to be one edgelord

1 Like

Yeah I have quite a few Muslim friends, and I’m a bit of a baker and ordinarily (prior to social distancing) it became a bit of a ritual of ours that upon their first visit to mine after breaking fast I’d have sweet treats and cakes baked for them for them to take away with them.
Or if they were staying for dinner we’d have a big fairly extravagant meal together like morrocan inspired BBQ buffet.
Dang stupid social distancing. Just the promise of sweet treats this year.

Ramadan Mubarak :relaxed:

1 Like

The appropriate response to 'Ramadan Kareem ’ [(generous Ramadan/happy generous Ramadan)] (or Ramadan Mubarak) is ‘Allahu Akram’. It means “God is much more generous”.
Or selamat Ramadan (happy Ramadan), kul ‘am wa enta bi-khair (wishing you well being every year), or, you can also reply it with the same words: Ramadan Mubarak (blessed Ramadan)

4 Likes

Oh you just threw me a great linguistic treat :smiley: Thank you.

1 Like

This was unnecessary and very rude
Don’t even know why you said this

1 Like

Yeah that was…pretty unnecessary. Let people have their faith, if it harms none. Ramadan harms no one.

Well, given that another Abrahamic religion encourages male genitalia mutilation at a certain age, and another teaches children that they are inherently sinful and should apologise for being bad, I think it is highly likely? I mean that is how religion works, it is taught behaviour, not inherent behaviour.

This thread’ll be good…

Well, at least it shows that he’s a massive hypocrite. If someone says something bad about gay people then they’re pathetic bigots who talk down on stuff that doesn’t harm or concern them in the slightest, but ridiculing and saying bad stuff about someone’s beliefs? Totally fine!

2 Likes

Don’t know it should be bad, no more or less than me wishing someone Happy Christmas despite not being Christian…

1 Like

You came into this thread in bad faith, with no other reason than to ridicule people who celebrate Ramadan. The question is: why? If you don’t like a certain topic, that’s fine, but why post in it when you know that it’ll only be for the sake of ruining the mood for others? What were you hoping to achieve here, aside from upsetting a lot of people?

I’ve always considered you a reasonable guy. Please, have some common decency and consideration for other people. If you don’t like a topic, then just ignore it if it doesn’t concern you. It’s what an adult would do.

1 Like

I have no idea. I always see people wishing a Happy Easter and Merry Christmas so generally I thought this kinda stuff is allowed.

But the post is restored now. So I didn’t break any rules. If anyone is sensitive about this stuff, simply scroll out. It’s a Holiday nothing serious.

Thank you for the message everyone!

It’s probably one of two things:

A) “rah rah rah muslims” people who assume all muslims or vaguely arab sounding-things are a certain way- bad- and pretty much eat hyperbole for breakfast.

B) “Lol i look upon your religion with mockey” pseudo-intellectuals, still throwing around the “flying spaghetti monster” or “sky fairy” comments as if they’re hot off the press and not from the late 90s and haven’t be heard time and time again. Again, tends to eat hyperbole for breakfast.

Either way when it comes to posts that are simply about celebration of a thing that isn’t concerned with suffering (be it religion, non-religion, LGBT rights, parenthood etc) I have absolutely no idea why some people simply MUST wring their hands and remind others of their own misery and try to suck away the joy for anyone else just for the sake of feeling self-vindicated. It is some of the most mind-bogglingly arrogant behaviour that has to exist. Just let people celebrate!

3 Likes

i went straight to this when reading that xD

2 Likes

I don’t feel like starving your children in an attempt to enforce your belief system on them is a healthy approach to parenting.

My parents never forced me to fast as a child. When I felt like I was ready, I did it. You have to be a appropriate age to start fasting (at least 10 years and older). And if you have health problems that require medicine, you can eat and drink.

Now can we please keep this topic relevant, and not go off topic.

1 Like

Your personal experience is sadly not a general truth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44107950

"We always see very pale and unfocused children during Ramadan," doctors said in their statement. Some students came to see them straight from school, they said, after collapsing from "severe headaches or abdominal pain".
Doctors are not the only ones concerned. German teacher associations have also repeatedly warned of the tiredness Muslim children suffer while fasting in Ramadan, local media report.

Getting your news from BBC is a general truth? Lol.

And if you’ve read the whole article it says Children don’t need to fast.

1 Like

And if you actually read it, it also says that even though they technically don’t need to, they’re still encouraged to do so:

Younger children do not need to fast but German paediatricians say that many are encouraged to do so.

Remember to hydrate.

1 Like

but only after sunset >.>

1 Like