Random battleground Ilvl bracket

I was wondering if they would make it so that people get in different brackets depending on there ilvl if that would help balancing.

so you always get placed against people around the same ilvl ( and ofcourse gear swapping inside the bg wont be possible or just before.)

of course this would mean that higher ilvl brackets do give more honor so gearing wont be obsolete.

Also this would only count for Random battlegrounds

Atm bg feels like a game of monopoly were the other player start with hotels on dark blue and dark green and you with nothing and only 10 bucks specially if you just reached 60 and still have to farm all honor gear.

and even if you manage to get a full set of honor gear you still get destroyed by M+20 people

Or cap gear in random bgs to ilvl 200. Or boost it to ilvl 226. Just in random bgs, obviously.

They said they might be going back to WoD-type PVP gear. Letā€™s see what happens with that.

4 Likes

Made a thread about itā€¦ yes we need to cap ilvl to 200 in random bgs.

ALL HONOR AND PVE CAPPED TO 197 AND CONQUEST 200

But some people were actually furious because they got their character boosted and paid and liked to feel like the big shot in bgsā€¦
This expansion I said to myself will do only BGsā€¦ pff little did I knowā€¦

4 Likes

cant those people not just print a " i win " sticker and put it on there screen ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Or if your undergeared. Queue for 50-59 BGs? Profit.

isnt that not just moving the problem? as then the lv 50~59 have problem with overgeared people + covenant gear effects

so your solution to an undergeared lvl 60 is to play 50-59 BG?

am i missing something or is it you?

Scaled down. Access to covenant. Bliz added it for a reason. Play with what is available to you. Once you get full 200. Join 60.

Solution to your problem - or continue to die in a global over and over. Or get full 197 covenant gear.

You asked a question and Iā€™ve offered possible solutions. Starting PvP on an alt this late into a season is never fun.

Have a good day.

Itā€™s an option. Not a solution. You could just keep dying in 60 bgs till you gear.

There shouldnā€™t be a bracket, they need to set the ilvl all to the same.

I liked to spam random bgs at the end of most patches, but as it stands I just gone to something else, because itā€™s ridiculous the difference between 200 and 226.

Do keep checking, hoping for a change.

3 Likes

just trying to see what solution would work for everyone not just me.
or may i also have your real life contact and then every time you play wow poke you with a stick and just say you have to deal with it?

Have a good day.

ā€œThere ilvlā€?

ā€œTheirā€, you mean?

Anyway, it doesnā€™t have to be that complicated. Just make ā€˜BGs for Casualsā€™ bracket, and then leave the other BGs as they are. That way, the casuals would never have to gear up, and could always have fun, and the other people could grind their buttockses off and then combat each other.

Itā€™s kinda ridiculous the way it is now, where super heavyweights are being put against weak newbies, makes no sense. But what about this game does anymoreā€¦?

3 Likes

yes i meant ā€œtheirā€ :slight_smile:

They went overboard with the ilvl increases.
They need to squish it, imo.

1 Like

From BFA - i agree. Wod - mega ez. Mop- good and ez when you have main and could buy cq for honor. Legion had scaling so again wasnt that bad. BFA with corruptions - mega bad.

1 Like

Even though this seems like a suggestion that would make the BGs more balanced , on the other hand this is bad because i do want to feel op compare to a 180 ilvl character and it is way more fun for me to be able to feel like ā€œGODā€ among humansā€¦Same goes for people with 225 ilvl compare to a 210 and so on.
The whole concept of gearing up is to be able to kill the ones with lower ilvl gear more easy!

It would make people decrease their ilvl by removing smth like bracers to decrease ilvl, while having items that matters at 226ilvl, thus roflstomping guaranteed low ilvl bracket.

This is excactly what i want.
You join the battleground tool and you get an invite to a Battleground with players +/- 10 ILVL ( or so ) and everything will be fine
Or:
calculate the overall Ilvl of each fraktion and make +/- 10.

or maybe a combination of both.

Please do not Scale players - this was not good and wont be in the future.
Please do not cap ilvlā€™s - that would be even worse.

Concider it.

Obviously i was just loosing 2 bgs because of massive imbalance.
My Team only twinks with crap gear and the enemy, well, guess what.
Dawyne Johnsons on steroids only.
It was a ~40 kill / 0 kill and a ~40 kill / 1 kill.

I will try once again, wish me luckā€¦ I am starting to hate Bgsā€¦

@Blizzard - a respond to that topic would sweet

good idea. i am solo lfg player at 1932 rating.

at least 3 in 1 we matching with monster boosters.

Yea it sucks when you get 2-4 freshly dinged ppl on your team and you know there goes your winning chances.