Random battlegrounds needs

In the real world they would play against eachother twice, and the better team would move up to meet better teams.

Its like rated teams in arena… the better you are, the better opponents you met.

A forfeit option. Non-rated ones at least.

Most of my games are from MoP, WoD, so stats aren’t really that accurate. They’re easily manipulated because stats don’t count the games that you left/got disconnected.

On my other post, I said that I played (In BFA) over 1000 games on Alliance ( playing 7 chars) and around 300 games on my Horde chars. Hence my experience is totally different on each side, and it isn’t close to 50/50. But the bigger issue is, for me personally, rather how it’s much less enjoyable to play battlegrounds on alliance side.

For example, there are loads of games on my Alliance where my team just gives up playing mid game, or get’s completely stomped.
On my Horde chars, that’s rarely the case. Even vs Russian teams my team doesn’t give up and still wins most of my games.

If you don’t understand what I’m talking about, just level an Alliance toon to lvl 120 and try comparing experiences, cause for an average Alliance/Horde player win rate isn’t 50/50. Closer to 40/60 than 50/50.

Edit: Here is one of my Horde chars so you can check his statistics if you think it matters, I’ve only played him in BFA

Pvp in general just needs change. Some classes excel while the the rest are too cookie cutter.

Right now I have exactly this. Freshly dinged ally and horde alts, the ally alt is somewhat better geared than horde, both are dps. Played generally similar number of bgs during the last few days. From like 7 bgs played I have:
Horde: 6 won, 1 lost
Ally: 5 lost 2 won

I even took a screenshot of why ally lost some of the times. My almost naked horde alt did more dps than them and was among the first 5 dps in the chart. Yesterday, IOC. My better geared ally couldn’t compensate with dps, we went to the middle and were completely slaughered by their better dps. It’s not gear, it’s not the classes, it’s experience and willingness to put an effort into win.

2 Likes

Don’t be so quick to dismiss the luck of the draw, team composition. Getting certain classes DOES matter. Destruction warlocks, fire and arcane mages, MM hunters with aimed shot builds, outlaw/assassination rogues, retridins, unholy DKs, some fury warriors, all these are heavy hitters. The ones with stealth (mages, rogues, hunters) are fantastic EFC and orb-carrier snipers, especially MM hunter with aimed shot build, instagibbing objective holders out of camouflage. Healers are a massive factor too, and you do still run into the occasional twink while leveling.

Competency is also a big factor. The amount of casters that do not CC or dispel, is massive. Very noticeable as a healer that does dispel, if you get sheeped near a friendly priest, you can expect to be out of the game for the full duration. Sometimes people play like fresh level 10s, while running around in a level 90+ bg with heirlooms. It drives me nuts.

Don’t even get me started on peeling. NOBODY peels on Alliance. I’ve leveled my Rdruid from 10 to 66 purely through BGs. My winrate is much higher as a competent healer, but god DAMN, NOBODY peels, EVER. If the Horde focuses you, don’t expect help. Good lord.

1 Like

i would really love to know where these mythical and magical servers are where alli is supposed to suck so bad.
because im not seeing any of that on my shard.

yesterday i won 1 out of 5 bg’s and 1 out of 3 brawls ,and thats with 15-20 minute queue’s between each bg.
out of the 4 twinpeaks games i had since yesterday ive won 0.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.