Random battlegrounds needs

Changes…

Hard changes…

Cause atm, pvp from a alliance view, is not fun AT ALL in random bgs.

The game itself is fair, both teams have equal chances. Alliance players that play random bgs are just terrible, how do you want Blizz to change that?

No coordination, completly ignoring any attempts of leadership, reaction time of a snail, not focusing healers, not using CC, completly ignoring objectives, leaving nodes without defense, not chasing EFC/not assisting FC and the list goes on… It’s a matter of attitude and putting ANY effort into the game rather than the Horde having better chances…

Sadly, I’d say it’s a side effect of a mass migration of players to the Horde. There are just more good players there, hence they are more succesful at the game.

The only thing Blizz could do really (that comes to my mind) would be to somehow encourage players to return to the Alliance, or, to get rid of factions in random BGs somehow and compose parties of a mixture of both Alliance and Horde players. It’s hard to accomplish though without breaking something else like faction identification lore wise or making racials imbalanced again. We’ll see.

For now, just try to be a better players yourself, play objectives, be a team player, focus more.

5 Likes

Good post. But who knows when Blizzard will take mesures to return decent players to Alliance and balance factions. It might happen next expansion, it might happen after 3 years. Until then the ally bgs will continue to be terrible. I feel I might already be getting high blood pressure from them. When playing my horde toon I see a huge difference in skill and teamwork. To save my health I either don’t pvp as ally or play on horde bgs.

1 Like

The grass is not always greener.

Yesterday I lost 5 games in a row as Horde, with teams of people who had gear that looked like it came free with a box of cereal. I’m talking below 100k. One guy had about 60k HP at Level 120, I am not even sure how that’s possible but I witnessed it with my own eyes.

And then today I won 6 in a row. It’s swings and roundabouts, you win some and you lose some.

However the win streaks are forgettable, the loss streaks are memorable and stick in your mind.

Also as Alliance, if you are losing 10/15 man BGs, stick to Epic BGs for a bit, I’m pretty sure Alliance win Isle of Conquest and Wintergrasp much more than Horde, although my experience lately is Horde are winning AV slightly more.

3 Likes

If you are having such a hard time winning, the grass is far greener on the Horde side why not faction change or re-roll? Guaranteed 90% Win Rate …… or not

How is that a solution? It would only worsen the problem.

1 Like

Or not? If more and more players switch to Horde bgs Blizzard might finally pay more attention to the problem? Would be like a boycotte.

Well on short term it would surely worsen it, but in long term they would have to change something. I’m just saying the problem is visible right now (and if they’re aren’t aware of it that’s whole another issue). Blizzard just have to communicate more with their playerbase.

I bet 1000 euro that the devs are not playing bgs at all this expansion.

But change what? If football team Y loses all the time to football team X, should FIFA/UEFA do something? One team is better, one time is worse, that’s all.

Would you like a buff to stats to compensate that you and/or your teammates are worse than the opposite team?

If you’d like to change anything, be a better player yourself, suggest a good tactics before the BG starts, buy a feast and potions to get an upper hand. Horde and even russians are playing the same game, by the same rules as your team. The only change needed is to, well, git gud.

2 Likes

Horrible analogy, this isn’t real world where money buys you wins.

Where did I say I want that? I just want equal chance to win a game regardless of playing Horde or Alliance.

This is a team game, one good player can’t carry a team of 10 or 15 players. Especially not with this scaling in place. I’m always vocal in bgs, calling incs, telling team what to do, etc.
You know what happens most of the time? People don’t read chat or just ignore it cause they just don’t care about winning, they’re casual players just having fun in bgs. And that’s the main difference between Horde and Alliance bgs, most Allies just dont care about objectives.

I’m all ears as to how would a whole faction “git gud”. Any suggestions?

No, the other teams constantly playing better means that the majority of pvp-interested players are Horde.
To suggest tactic to people who behave almost like bots is useless and doesn’t work. No one reacts or follows tactics. Even if one person is good, he can’t compensate for the other 9 bots.

If all the best players left team x to join team y & caused a massive imbalance of skill & experience it doesn’t feel like a case of 1player needing to ‘git gud’.

Some players do turn up with pots & tactics & good communication, but it rarely helps if the inequity of skill is big enough.

They could make changes such as: Brackets, mixed faction teams, make gear irrelevant… all very controversial, but without change the disparity grows & ‘git gud & buy pots’ isn’t much of a solution when we’re outgeared, have less overall skill & experience, are helpless against afk’rs & rage quitters…

2 Likes

But you have equal chances! You play the same game, same classes, same abilities. What other chances would You like to have?

I know that, it’s been my experience as well. But the more we propagate posting tactics, the better chances are that people would eventually listen. I’ve been playing BGs for 15 years and I’ve seen randoms eventually adapting some good tactics if it’s spammed and proven effective.

To be clear, by writing “git gud” I wasn’t telling you personally to git gud, since I don’t know how You play. What i meant is that the Alliance and the Horde have the same chances, alliance players just need to try and do anything towards the win (playing objectives, assisting/focusing FCs, fighting at flag etc). If we all spam it every bg, it might eventually have some effect. Still better than saying "hurr durr blizz needs to change something cuz we lose

".

I also mentioned mixed faction teams - that seems to be a reasonable idea. Brackets? An interesting idea, but wouldn’t it make sense in solo queue? AFAIK Blizz said they wouldn’t make that happen.
Making gear irrelevant? They did that in Legion and everybody cried about it. That’s the gear is (to some extent) relevant in BfA. Should they make it irrelevant again?

Other than that? It’s all down to “getting good” really, no matter how bad it sounds. We play the same game, does Alliance really need help from the devs to be able to win? That sounds ridiculous.

2 Likes

The difference is that Horde players know that they have to get gut, but ally players need to be poked with a stick all the time. Why? Because they are either pure pve players or too uninterested, or whatever reasons, but they are not pvp-oriented players. Most of pvp-ers migrated to Horde. Here the devs need to step in, it’s their job because they are the reason for this mess. With better horde racials back then, which led to migration waves, things could not go back to balance ever since.

I agree about mixing factions in bgs. Might work.

I also mentioned mixed faction teams - that seems to be a reasonable idea. Brackets? An interesting idea, but wouldn’t it make sense in solo queue? AFAIK Blizz said they wouldn’t make that happen.
Making gear irrelevant? They did that in Legion and everybody cried about it. That’s the gear is (to some extent) relevant in BfA. Should they make it irrelevant again?

Yes, imo. I’m fully in the skill>gear dept. If (when) I get demolished, I’d rather know it’s because he’s a better pvp’er than he’s farmed more raids.
Mixing team I wouldn’t oppose, as idc about lore.
Brackets would group similarly experienced players, but queue times would probably treble

That wasn’t my point at all. Do you know why Blizzard nerfed Human racial? Cause Alliance players were dominating random and rated bgs, same thing happens now but on the opposite side. I just want Blizzard to give a reason for skilled players to return playing Alliance.

I just want my games to be enjoyable, whether I lose them or win them. I could guess most of the playerbase wants the same. Can we agree its currently a lot less enjoyable to play a game on Alliance side?

1 Like

Absolutely.

Looking at your BG stats, you have most BGs with a winrate of 70%+.

It seems to me that you recently had a bad loss streak and have now come to the forums to vent, which is natural.

Sure there are more Horde players with an interest in PVP, hence the 15 minute Horde BG queue times. But more players does not necessarily equal more skill.

In Vanilla, on many servers and even after cross-realm came, Horde had near instant BG queues and won something like 80% of the time. Alliance were sitting in queue for 20-30 minutes and losing much more.

These days the win rates are about as close to 50-50 as they have ever been.

In reality, the dramatic disparity between factions is almost non-existent.

1 Like

According to my profile, my Seething Shore win rate is 238%… beat that!

So, I can’t trust the bg stats on my profile, but some bgs are a bit above 50%, some a bit below 50%, a few much lower than 50%. Average looks under 50%, but not terrible.

I think the prob is when on a losing streak, I stick with it hoping for a win, but am getting in with the same players each time. I play late night, smaller pool of players, more prone to this issue. Would be good to join with some players you know, could tip into win streaks.

For sure losing streaks are more noticeable, but I think the prob is just when you keep ending up in bgs with same players. That can be in your favour, or against you, depending on team play.