Random dungeon finder and Looking for dungeon tool

Q. Why not have Both??

6 Likes

Why have any of them?

Specially when you cant even use LFG channel without having signed up for a dungeon in the LFG tool. Wich is stupid as hell.

RDF do not belong in WrathC at all, just like same faction BG’s dont belong in TBCC.

Because Blizzard are out of touch.
They keep it out for the few that are against it.
And usually the ones against it are the ones on the megaservers lol.

6 Likes

Players asked for expansions as they were.

Now we are confronted with “you think you want it, but you dont” and the amount of retail features added to wotlk classic is as high as the amount of wotlk features removed, that were in the game originally back then.

9 Likes

Because the mere existence of the RDF would offend like 3 people, that passionately bash it here in the board. Even though all the arguments about it are based on 12 year old hazy memories, assumptions and mostly spite against convenience.

But seriously, I think they just removed the RDF because they will M+ dungeons somewhere down the line.
We can stop calling it WotLK Classic. There is nothing Classic anymore about it.

9 Likes

I think they prefer to listen to the solid core that kept playing consitently which play on the megaservers. Aslong they are happy the core playerbase is stable and the game is active.

The group that just plays for a couple of weeks then unsubscribe again because the experience isn’t really the same as 2008 (I mean it won’t ever be since most had a completly different life back then) aren’t consistent, these are mostly the people that welcome LFD.

I don’t think these people will be happy anyway since they are outsiders, not in good raiding guilds and will quit & unsubscribe eventually because they can never match the same experience and feeling as back in the days and figure out the game is full with min/maxers.

So even if LFD would get introduced these people will eventually quit, meanwhile the core ‘‘nolife’’ hardcore players will feel like Blizzard won’t listen to them so they might quit also which is dangerous for the stable core.

Otherwise the game will simply end up like retail whenever Cata-MoP is released and this solid core will leave which will destroy the classic game eventually. Most people that play right now are people that quit retail somewhere in MoP/WoD and they want to keep this player base happy.

They have to start some where which is LFD.

This is my philosophy atleast.

Only this would make sense why they keep the game ‘‘more classic’’ and will continue this road.

Q: Why keep making topics if there are 100 similar ones?

Sorry mate I flagged ur post as spam. All the retail andies and wrath babies 2.0 are getting really annoying with their RDF cries…

(WHICH WAS INTRODUCED AT THE END BTW)

Which isn’t true no matter how often you classic Andy’s repeat this.
It was introduced in the middle of the expansion. And it’s irrelevant when it was introduced, it was a part of WotLK, just like the guild banks were part of TBC. And I saw nobody complaining that guild banks were introduced to early or should be removed from TBC Classic, because they came at the second to last patch in the middle of TBC, just like the RDF came in the second to last patch in the middle of WotLK.

8 Likes

#nochanges

1 Like

The no changes was never a thing. In Classic i had more HP at lvl 40 than i did at level 60 in T2 gear Vanilla. And the +spell dmg items where nowhere to be found in the real game untill closer the end of vanilla.

I don’t care what you say mate, I’m not pro and not against it. All I care about is that people can’t stop crying about the feature.

Timewise maybe, but content wise it was in the end.

We did T7-8-9 without it. Only T10 had it.

1 Like

So people playing not on the megaservers aren’t not playing consistently?
More people will end up quitting due to the lack of LFD.
LFD pretty much saved the lower level dungeons.

5 Likes

This is my prediction as well.

7 Likes

All the min/maxers got like 7 capped alts already in full BT gear ready for wotlk tho.

But I understand your view.

Its not that I dislike LFD I just think wotlk would be a good start for changes to keep the game classic. I don’t mind changes aslong it doesn’t become retail.

Next year we will probably all talk about the cata prepatch cus wotlk just has 4 phases 2 of them are the bigger ones Ulduar and ICC. Keep in mind TBC had 5 phases. If we don’t start making changes now we end up with LFR, reforged gear and awful talent trees before you know it. That’s when people really gonna quit.

Wotlk was the expansion blizzard became Activision. A lot of stuff that came with wotlk is the base of retail. It removed the spirit out of the slow phase game. For example teleporting / Dalaran lobby and easier dungeons & raids. Nax25 was a big joke and the first real copy paste raid ik the game. Yogg no lights is the only thing that came close to SWP or pre nerf KT difficulty.

I understand the new people want a exact copy of wotlk but wotlk wasn’t all that great in the end even tho its super nostalgic for most.

1 Like

But wouldn’t it be wiser to start doing that after the most succesful expansion they ever had?
At least to me that would make way more sense.

You want the slow pased game that is vanilla, and tbc classic? I’d say that RDF isn’t to blame for the faster pase anywhere near as much as those M+ like timed dungeons everyone’s talking about they’re gonna put in wotlk.
There’s your real slow pase speed killer. Just wait and see.

1 Like

It might shock but there are good changes and there are bad changes. Guild banks are good change and make game better. LFD is bad change and make game worse.

2 Likes

I know there are good and bad changes. Adding guild banks early was a good change. Removing the RDF is a bad one.

But the point of my post was, that Jaeck argumented, that the RDF was added in the end of WotLK. Which, even if it were true isn’t relevant.

The only relevant thing here are the pros and cons of the feature in question, which you obviously agree with, since for a good feature like the guild bank you were ok, that it came earlier, than it did in the original game.

And since we both agree, that a good feature like the guild bank can be implemented earlier than the original implementation, we are just left with discussing if a feature was good or not.
And for me the RDF was a great feature and therefore had to be implemented earlier than in the original timeline.

7 Likes

You mean the 3 streamers on twitch is the core players?

I am 99% sure if u did an actual survey on Firemaw ud get majority pro RDF. The LFM channel there is a nightmare too with the amount ot spam.

I can imagine amount of boost and other services advertisement on this new stupid LFG tool that was introduced.

2 Likes