Random Fps drops Instanced

I was playing wow last night fine as per usual doing dungeons and battlegrounds, when I queued up for a BFA dungeon I noticed my fps dropped to 50. I carried on with the dungeon assuming it was cause I minimized the game so after I relogged and queued for a battleground. My fps went back down to 50. Whenever I left the instances back into org my fps would go back to 200 it seems to be only when I zone inside of a dungeon or battleground!

I have reinstalled the game fully, made sure computer and drivers are fully up to date and I don’t use any addons whatsoever. Also made sure to check my temps and everything is really good there.

I went to test this at Ragefire Chasm and when standing outside in org my fps will be 225 when I zone in it goes to 50-115? If I log out while inside RFC and back in the fps will be 375 but if I leave and walk back in it goes back down to 50-115. I also tested other games which have no problem at all.

Specs
2080ti
Ryzen 7 3800x
32gb ram

It seems when I zone into an instance my graphic cards stops being utilized? The temp drops from 46% down to 37% upon zoning in. Maybe something is happening there I don’t know

I figured out the problem! I have summer incense inside one of my bags without having a quest to use it, I discared while testing inside ragefire chasm and my fps instantly shot back up to where it should be!

It looks like an addon that activates or bugs out when you are in an instance. Try without any addons (and overlays like discord etc).

Have zero addons, even tried /disableaddons and did a fresh reinstall. Seems to be zoning in is affecting something but I’m not sure what >:

Ok, lets test the system (could be the storage). Run userbenchmark before running the game and save the url. Then run the game, make the FPS drop and alt-tab out of the game and run userbenchmark again while the game is running. Post both links here (you can post links if they are market with Preformatted text).

Well I ran the tests and all 3 overall scores were 110% + but I’am unable to post the links here! Everything scored an ‘‘outstanding’’ though.

Use the preformatted text option in the post editor. The key isn’t the total score but component percentiles - like your storage. If the percentiles don’t drop much while the game is running then it’s not the system problem (likely). If like storage drops significantly then it can have a problem…

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44081473

It looks fine so likely it’s some WoW issue or WoW + other app. Do you have any overlays like discord active?

Since 9.0.5 there were and sometimes still are some rendering problems but they are rather limited to some of the new zones/spots, not Org/RFC.

I don’t have anything open however I did finally get a second response from support that was a lot more helpful than the horrific first response by someone else I got.

''This symptom is one that we’ve been receiving many reports of and have forwarded to the developers to look into. It does look to be related to the newest video drivers and the developers are working with Nvidia to get this sorted out.

I do have this already recorded for our tracking for the developers so no need to reply to the thread above’’

So hopefully this gets sorted out. Really appreciate your help for me :)!

Well I received another response sayings its something different not what they thought it to be. I’ve tried every option and nothing has helped. fps going from 230+ down to 40-115 as soon as I enter an instance, if I leave out the entrance its straight back to around 230. Looks like there’s not much I can do but help it sorts itself out. Won’t bother renewing my sub since it runs out in 3 days anyway.

I was told that 30fps or 60fps 1080p is what is accepted by them as playable so my only option is community help. 60 Fps is more than fine in general just not when I should be getting much higher and a problem that started 24 hours ago. Relogging inside an instance my fps returns to 375 (Rfc as test) so from 375 to 40-115 is concerning and not something I just want to be like oh ok to.

What’s your display refresh rate. Running 375 FPS is good for tests but not practical :smiley:

Aside of that the drop could be somewhat related to the bug they have in like Spires of Ascension instance but I doubt it’s also in RFC. What you could also check is run Latencymon, run the game, enter RFC and when the FPS drops alt-tab to latencymon to see if it’s all red or complaining about nvidia drivers (or something else).

My refresh rate is 165 which is what I keep my frames at the 375 is indeed for testing the drops in fps only its going down to 40 in rfc!

‘‘Like we explained before, 60 FPS should suffice for World of Warcraft and having more usually has no major advantage.’’

I’m getting nowhere via my ticket I know 60 fps is absolutely fine but my computer is more than capable of maintaining my refresh rate of 165 which it always has AND it’s going down to 40 at that. If I get asked to disable addons one more time, I use 0 addons. Meh I give up with it anyway tried for 2 days to fix it and getting nowhere did a 3rd fresh install yesterday to no avail it is what it is, I got other games to play not worth the headache or the repeating myself anymore.

You don’t reinstall the game over and over and expect to fix the problem. Did you checked with Latencymon? Also in game tickets aren’t really designed for technical help. This forum is.

The first time I installed the game was because it wasn’t on my pc at all, the second time was because I started playing while it was downloading which is when the problem came around that time so thought just letting it download to full before starting it was worth a try and there is a section for technical support within the ticket system hence why I used it.

Will give latencymon a quick try as last check!

Have been testing on other characters and this problem seems specific to this druid I’m posting on, other characters can run the same instanced content with no issue but fps tanks the second this druid tries. I use 0 addons so not to sure what’s happening here!

I figured out the problem! I have summer incense inside one of my bags without having a quest to use it, I discared while testing inside ragefire chasm and my fps instantly shot back up to where it should be! That would explain why it only happened on my druid.