Random memory crashes

For some reason, I keep getting random crashes when I log in or out of the character and reload the game while playing the character.

The memory crash error I get is as follows:
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at “0x00007ff7b9bbfa7f” referenced memory at “0xffffffffffffffff”.
The memory could not be “read”.
ProcessID: 5940
ThreadID: 5912

Press OK to terminate the application.

Please report the Report ID below when communicating with Blizzard about this issue: 260DE164-D6A1-45DE-999D-125E7AB879E5

My computer was upgraded a few months ago, the spec is as follows:
CPU: Intel core I9-14900k - 3200Mhz not OC’ed
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero
GPU: Aorus RTX3090 Master 24GB DDR6
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 128GB DDR5
2TB Predator M.2 + Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2
AIO: Ryujin v3 360 ARBG water cooling block
PSU: ROG Thor 1000w Platinum

I’ve made a ticket to support, but it is always nice to reach out to the community to see if they’ve encountered similar issues and had any luck resolving the problem. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming a very common occurrence and is making the game very tedious to play.

for me this happens aswell, especially frustrating if it happens in m+, seems to happen the most in rlp but also in other dungeons sadly, swapp to dx11 made them a bit less frequent but still happening. hope they ll fix it with next maintenance.

I was away from the keyboard, I came back to this error message;

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_\Wow.exe
Exception: 0xC0000094 (INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO) at 00007ff76cd0da3f
ProcessID: 21012
ThreadID: 20036

Press OK to terminate the application.

Please report the Report ID below when communicating with Blizzard about this issue: 056834A0-D565-4B9D-AD1C-FDBFAC5B9D70

I’ve been getting them 10-15 times per day, for the past 2-3 months! It’s very frustrating.

The problem is your motherboard runs your CPU in an enhanced profile.
U could see " JayzTwoCents" videos on youtube.
U can google it as well.
Asus motherboard is involved the most.
Intel asked the motherboard manufacturer to use intel power/amp limits on the 13-14th gen CPU-s, otherwise the user can experience system instability.
Google for the problem, and see the youtube videos in that case, updage bios, and use Intel limits.

So, I went ahead and took the advice you had suggested, and currently after testing all morning since turning off the ‘ASUS MultiCore Enhancement: Auto - Let BIOS Optimize’ to ‘Disable - Enforce all limits’, the game hasn’t crashed once.

I guess time over the next day or two will determine if it’s a success or not, but so far all good!

Thank you so much for this, I appreciate you!

EDIT: Just as I sent this bloody message, I received the error message! Not yet resolved.

that alone might not be enough, check intel’s statement on recommended settings and try to enable them all, maybe it helps. i cant post a link but you can google search for:
“Intel issues official statement on Core K-series crashes: stick to Intel’s official power profiles”
and open the Tomshardware Article.

but if it has been happening to you for that long your CPU sadly might already be fried and you might need a new one :frowning: