Random stutter lag / jittering lag

Hello,

I keep randomly getting these random fps lag spikes. When I turn the FPS counter on, it never goes low to cause a stutter like this.

I’m using a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 and I have read someone suggested changing the graphics API to DirectX 11 Legacy, however that doesn’t seem to fix it. I’ve tried playing around with my graphic settings, ingame, but nothing seems to fix it. I have always unticked Max Foreground FPS and max Background FPS and still no results.

Anyone else getting this? dont have this issue on retail / classic

3 Likes

Hi.

I currently have the same problem. I thought it was a pc issue however I think it’s lag, as I don’t have that issue everyday and my connection is pretty bad.

I had something like this since last patch on my 1060.
I had Vsync turned on in game and in Nvidia control panel. Turned it to “use the 3d application setting” in control panel, left it on in game.
Now the stutter is gone.

3 Likes

Hello, sorry, perhaps a stupid question! But where exactly do I find this option in the control panel?

Open Nvidia settings (aka Nvidia control panel)
In the left column click on “Manage 3d settings”
In “Manage 3d settings” scroll all the way down and you’ll see the Vsync setting.
Try different combinations of Vsync On/off in control panel and in game.
Hope u get lucky !

4 Likes

It probably doesn’t have anything to do with your hardware. Try deleting WTF and cache foldeers, made the game run a lot smoother for me when I did that.

Hi
I’ve experienced the exact same thing that was described in the first post. And the FPS drop was also undetectable by FPS counter software.

I’ve tried your advice and it seems to have helped! Thank you!

I have the same problem as soon as a Midsummer festival tent comes in view it stutters for like half a second. That is the only places where I realized it.

1 Like

This. I was going to ask you where this is happening for you, but like Oniy said Ive been getting weird stutters when Im near the midsummer tent, but after that it goes away.

Im running with a 1080 as well(old school), so just double check where its happening for you.

Only have stutters at tents,nowhere else.

Only at the fire festival tents. It’s usually 150-200 fps anywhere else, but drops a ton near tents, and the screen freezes for a second.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.