Rank Each Expansion From Best to Worst!

For me class design is absolutely paramount to the overall experience. If I don’t like my class, how am I going to enjoy anything that there’s to do in the game since I experience all of it through that design that I don’t like?

2 Likes

Well like to me the way that the classes work, the way it is rewarding is the “main” reason why I play.
I can do boring Apexis daily Q’s if the tool I use (my class) is fun and rewarding.
In BfA world all classes are watered down with no interaction with the gear you have, so I just can’t enjoy it.

Class designers should have been released from the cellar a little sooner.

2 Likes
  1. The burning crusade

2. legion

3. vanilla

4. Wrath

5. cata

6. MoP

7. WoD

1 Like

Damn I’m glad I won’t be playing with the guys who rank WoD above TBC come Classic. good riddance

Wotlk. The lore!!!
Tbc. My 1st full. Great.
Legion i enjoyed it. But the friends of the past were gone.
Mop. Not bad but the dungeons were the worst.
Cata. Bad. Reshsping the world? Why? I had fun just in firelands.
Not played wod.

If only BFA was the same and I all I had to do was raid and PvP I’d be very happy.

TBC > WoTLK > MoP > WoD > Cata > BFA > Legion
didn’t play during vanilla so can’t really rank it anywhere

So in short you like expansions with least amount of things to do? Aight.

1.TBC - despite some of its ancient system, it was the best expansion.
2.WotLK - continuing the hype of TBC, it dropped the ball with the easy dungeons and Nax, but then redeemed itself with Ulduar and ICC.
3.Classic (late version) - a lot of hit and miss, but Classic turned out a game that nobody that played it would ever forget.
4.Legion (after 7.2) - an amazing expansion ruined by RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.
5.MoP - catered to the asian market it turned out way better than what anyone expected. Great raids and good class gameplay for the most part.
6.Cata - It had a good start, Bastion of Twilight and Black Wing Desent were amazing, Nefarian and Chogall constantly spewing funny nonsense during the raid cracked me up every time. It made a turn for the worse later on, especially with LFR.
7.WoD - Boring, mobile game simulator. Atleast it didn’t have Titanforge.

N.BFA - can’t see Activision making a worse expansion.

I only started playing in pandaria so my list is:

1. Legion - the most fun I’ve had in WoW, raided till the very last week of bfa pre-patch
  2. Pandaria - good fun - lots of stuff to do, everything looking really good
  3. BfA - not quite sure if this should be on the same level than wod, I have played considerably less than in wod even where I spent time doing achievements, now not even that appeals to me
  4. WoD - I hope there will never be an expansion that would fall below wod cos that would be unimaginable

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.