Rank Each Expansion From Best to Worst!

mop
wotlk
bc
cata
legion
wod
bfa

And that kind of bullsh1t, that just came out of your fingers, is one of the reasons, why game devs stopped producing actually good products.

1 Like

How exactly is anything I said called it good?

Just because something is superior to WoD, that is far, far from calling it good.

For me, it would be in the following order:

• Mists of Pandaria: I absolutely had a blast playing Feral, and offspecing Resto as a druid. Some of my best memories raiding are from this expansion.
  • Wrath of the Lich King: Did an excellent job ending the story of Arthas, an iconic Warcraft character. This was also the expansion I started raiding.
  • Battle for Azeroth: I don’t care about the bashing this expansion is receiving on the forums, I am ultimately having fun. Some things could be better (Azerite is a little lame), but I am excited to see how the story plays out, especially in 8.1.5 and 8.2.
  • Cataclysm: I think it was a bit too early for its time. The world certainly needed to be revamped, but Blizzard did bite off more than they could chew, and end-game content ultimately suffered as a result. I didn’t agree with Blizzard’s new direction on raids (especially with LFR), but they have walked back on that later.
  • Burning Crusade: Burning Crusade was fun for its time, and it was magical taking my first steps into Azeroth and later Outland. But, taking off my rose-colored glasses, the expansion was harsh on players who fell behind in any way. You dared to take a break for a month, it was impossible to catch up, and gear progression absolutely objectively sucked.
  • Warlords of Draenor: The questing was the most fun of any expansion, but Garrisons sucked the fun out of the rest of the expansion after levelling. This was when I burned out so badly from the game, that I couldn’t even bring myself to play Legion.

I cannot comment on Legion, since I have not played it.

1 Like

Legion was the worst? I don’t know what you’re smoking but whatever it is I want some…

Legion is easily the 2nd or 3rd best so far

It’s class design was worse than anything we had before it, so no.

3 Likes

This isn’t a “rank each expansion by class design” post…

You get this is an opinion thread, right? And you get that different people have… shock and horror… different opinions, right?

2 Likes

Okay? And how is that relevant to my post? I simply disagreed with his/her opinion by giving my own

You implied that he had to be “smoking” something and in consequence had a different opinion that yours. You are perfectly welcome to have an opinion whatever it may be, but you are not welcome to insult someone else for having an opinion that’s different than yours.

And I replied to it by my own, and you started lecturing me what the purpose of this thread is, and how I’m supposed to look at/rate expansions.

Pot, kettle, idk how the rest of it goes but you get the gist of it.

1 Like

This is a thread that asks you to rank the expansions we’ve had so far in WoW
If to ME (NOTICE TO ME) the most important part of WoW is it’s class design then I am completely entitled to rank them by class design and playability.

You are free to disagree with my ranking method, but in all honesty if you rank expansion via the amount of awesome mounts and the lovely landscape you are also entitled to do so.

Opinions you know, they differ.

3 Likes

Yes… as it is in my opinion that this individual has formulated an opinion that is incorrect through whatever means

And it isn’t insulting. It simply implies that the person, in my opinion, has not considered all the factors

He considered the factors that are important to him, which is why and how he formed his opinion. And you nevertheless implied he must be high to have an opinion you disagree with. That is insulting.

Saying someone has formed an opinion without complete awareness is not insulting

No, that wouldn’t be insulting. Saying, and I quote, “I don’t know what you’re smoking”, is.

People have different priorities in what they look for in an expansion, buddy. Who made you the arbiter of what’s important and what’s not?

Sure, but this isn’t a thread about “rate each expansion based on what you feel is the most important element”…

It’s about expansions overall

And his opinion is that Legion is overall the worst expansion. What’s the problem again?

WoTLK
MoP
Legion
Cata
WoD
TBC
Having my face repeatedly punched in for a week
Being skinned alive in a salt bath
Classic

I know that but judging an entire expansion on one thing is pretty silly