Rated Battleground Horde/Alliance Confusion

Hi!

A quick and simple post today regarding the confusion that can easily arise from sometimes being on the Horde side, and sometimes being on the Alliance side in rated battlegrounds.

I, and I’m sure many others have often been confused about what side I am playing on in Rated Battlegrounds.

Why can’t it be made so that the players team is always shown to them as the same colour, and the enemy team is always shown to them as another colour? It would probably be best to have this matching the Arena team colours of purple and gold; I would say blue and red as they are like the universal colours for teams to be distinguished by in a lot of other games/sports etc, but to avoid any leftover Horde/Alliance confusion it may be best to use other colours. I’m not sure if the colours rotate for Arenas, but if they do, they shouldn’t; I’m just using those colours as an example as it would make sense to use the same colours from the other main PvP pillar in WoW right?

In case anyone is not getting what I am suggesting: I simply mean it would be easier if I knew that my team are always the purple players in every Rated Battleground, and the enemy team are always the gold players in every Rated Battleground, despite what faction side I start from in any Rated Battleground.

This should also be represented on the map, flag capture bars and resource point bars. Instead of seeing a base/node turn red for Horde/Blue for Alliance, they should go purple for friendly base/node, and gold for enemy base/node. Flag capture bars and resource point bars should fill up purple for you the players team, and gold for the enemy team.

Horde and Alliance emblems should be removed from flag capture bars and resource point bars to even further remove confusion, and the only suggestions that you are on the Horde or Alliance side would be the symbols on the map that mark Horde/Alliance locations, and obviously starting in either location, as you’re not going to magically forget that Warsong Lumber Mill is Horde and Silverwing Hold is Alliance, but this in itself will not cause confusion if all of the above changes are implemented.

enemy team is red own team is green I dont understand the confusion tbh and if use custom nameplate addon you could set the colours to gold and purple.

No, that is not how it works in RBG’s…

If you are on the Horde side, you are red.
If you are on the Alliance side, you are blue.

It is totally random which side you get in an RBG.

What the OP is talking about, is not the colours of your enemies nameplates but the colour of your actual team, the colour of the flags you will be capping, defending etc, blue or red.

1 Like

Ahh that makes sense yeah I misunderstood.

1 Like

Yeah. This is about Rated Battlegrounds, since Rated PVP isn’t Faction based.
There’s countless times when I’m playing BG Blitz and I think my team doing great, only to realize ‘Wait, I was on the Alliance team the whole time and we’re actually losing!?’
Red & Blue may work on other games, but when you have two Factions who’s based on those colours, it can get pretty confusing when you’re a Horde on the Alliance team. (Its not a bit deal with Mercenary mode since you are the opposing Faction’s Race and you volunteered to be on the other faction team.)
So yea, I agree a better option would be to remove any Horde & Alliance mentions in Rated/Blitz and just call them ‘Team Purple’ & ‘Team Yellow.’

1 Like