Rated Battlegrounds

Hi, I’d like to start getting into rated BGs but it doesn’t seem as though people do them… can anyone point me in the right direction? I’d at least like to get a few done for various achievements

I came back to the game last week after 2 months + break so i cant really point you out , just a general image for you.

RBGs were semi dead bracket even in past season where i’ve been playin.

Reason ? To many quitted .
Legit i cant find any other reason.

The HotA/HotH teams were camping safe + snipe each other midway of the season and since i’ve been running with an alt group of a multi HotA DK (cant give his name i guess for Name & Shame?) , on MMR around 2k + , que times were horrible as well.

2 games per night at best , maybe 3 if i remember right .

Im sure you’re able to make your own group like ‘‘LFG Daily Win’’ but dunno how many will join for that if they notice that the group’s leader has 0 exp.

Sadly the PvP is beyond aids the last months with 0 will from Activision to fix anything at all.

1 Like

Seems impossible to find a group with people. The very few that ARE around want some documented experience, which is fair but if everyone’s doing that then how are you supposed to get experience in the first place?

That’s why i’ve posted here. Perhaps I’ll get someone’s likeminded attention

RatedBG is dead… in Legion i was able to find a group after 6pm, everyday. Now even if i find one we sit in 40 min queue :smiley: But most of the time there is no group at all. At he first season of BfA my ex PvP guild had two RBG teams. Now that guild is empty. I just gave up RBG even it was my most favored content.

Just checked out the RBG ladder… it’s sad.

• 99 player above 2k (10 team)
  • 315 player above 1.8k

it was at least ten times more in Legion.

Fyi
Legion rated bg ladder was , first week 2k rating.

That’s really sad news. Why does nobody play rated?

I played very few rated bgs, cuz my class has never been meta, and rated bgs are more about meta than mythic rading probably. Thats one of the reasons its dead.
The second reason is its boring and its played following boring patterns. For instance, if you play random Eye of the Storm, you try to reinforce a wing and overpower the enemy capturing one of their towers. Rated they play a mirror tactic trying to win the mid cuz its too risky to start a wing offensive. Not so much fun involved. And thats the general idea, you dont take chances, you play carefully and smart. And boring.

2 Likes

I joined top 150 rated bg group on eye of storm 10 days ago.

Their tactic was after assaulting mt and dr , they put my warrior and ww monk + 3 healers in middle to hold flag. Rest all dps went felreaver ruins. They got felreaver ruins and rogues got back defense of mt and dr.

Entire bg nobody was able to pick flag from middle. And we won with 3 bases.

Also I have to say this ranged dps has low chance to get inv to rated bg groups. The groups I joined were 6 melee , 3 healers , 1 tank.

I primarily just wanted 10 wins to unlock a tint on my mage tower weapon, but doesn’t look like that’ll ever happen. Pretty gutted.

U can get 1.6 pretty fast in rbgs also 2k should be easy i can tell u alot about rbg if u want

I got really into bg’s in Legion & felt by BfA, I’d be experienced enough to try Rated.
But with BfA came ridiculous nerfs to the WW & that killed my enthusiasm. Coupled with the fact that the more I pvp, the further behind I am on the gear curve & I just lost interest.

first get gear 460+

Nowadays im hearing this from many people. Cant find parther for arena cuz im not geared. I cant find group for m+ cuz im not geared. Endless circle going to forever till u pay boost people. About 200k gold each run m+

that is because you joined the party late.
The first 1-2 weeks in the season is important to jump on the train or you are behind. Except you play tank.

I did 10+ in the first week with ilvl 442 because that was more or less max ilvl last season (outside tf). Now nobody even inv you for a +4 with ilvl 442 :smiley:
people just want to overwhelm dungeons and brute force them now.
Happened actually every season

if you are semi good geared and do at least 45k dps you can just push your own key easily to +10

+15 is not so important, +10 give you the big titan residium and at least 465 gear which is good enough. If you can just do your weekly +12 so you get 470.
While doing that you will catch up very quickly.

ilvl 460+ is easily achievable without playing much. I guess I got already 5 chars 460+ while logging 1h per week with each

sure mostly wrong stats though D:

Hey, so getting into RBG is easier than what you might think it is. One of the easiest ways is to Start a RBG, instead of joining one. It is surprising how quickly it is to get a group together.

With regards to gear issue. Remember, you are pugging or playing with pugs. So that means you are not a well oiled machine (yet) so gear becomes a big factor. The more you play with the same people, the less of a factor it becomes.
When I look for pugs, I set the minimum gear score to 465. Remember, the other guys in your team wants to win. Guys with 445 gear etc won’t help you win games, people will end up leaving and you will fail with your endeavor.

So here is what I did (I got into RBG last week and been having a blast):
Step one - Be competent with Random BG and be geared (I wouldn’t start RBG below 460 or even below 465).
Step two - use voice. Ingame voice works great, no need to set up discord or anything like that.
Step three - Start your own RBG community. If you win a game or two with some people, invite them into your RBG community. That way, when you want to start a game lets say the next day, you first ask the community members who wants to join. That is how you become that well oiled machine.
Step four - Be friendly, be clear in what ever way you need to be contributing and take and give constructive criticism.

So above is exactly what I did to start a community, and within a week the community is big enough that I normally only have to pug one, maybe two players at the start of the night, and replace maybe with one or two pugs during the night. We do about 6 games in an evening, with a 55% win rate atm (I trust this will improved as we add more oil :grinning:.

I myself is still new to the RBG environment and new to leading the team. They know this and don’t mind assisting me in improving my skills in both. You will be surprised at how supportive the randoms become as they normally understand the stresses of getting something like this started and keeping it going.

We still have 2 much to do to get our chars eqt

yes, especially with the correct stats and corruptions it will take forever

People use only ooze blood on pvp almost. Check top 100 ladder corruptions many people have ooze blood as soon as they dropped it.

Other corruptions better on m+ I believe.

I have rank 3 stars and echo. I prefer to use 445 ilvl ooze blood.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.