Rated Blitz is going to have issues

Solo Shuffle, which is 3vs3, has problems with people quitting and ruining it for the others. Now imagine that happening with 8vs8 in Blitz instead. The more people together, the more seething there’s going to be in chat.

What will happen if someone leaves? Will the match end, or will the game still continue? If for example a healer leaves and the match goes on, it’s more or less a free win for the enemy team. Will I still lose rating because one or more teammates decided to leave?

There’s going to be people who AFK so that they can get enough honor for their weekly vault.

Will Blizzard find a way to prevent premades and boosters from queuing up and entering at the same time?

And the funny thing is the leavers to in a 6vs 6

1 Like

Leavers need to be severely punished. Maybe a 10 hour debuff and their honour and conquest points taken from them. I think that is fair.

1 Like

just scrap the solo queue garbage and be done with it, blizzard. You wont action people leaving M+, theres no happy ending to people leaving pvp and win trading etc on repeat, its rampant and barely ever actioned, just bin it and reinvigorated the rewards for 2v2’s and 3v3’s

5 Likes

If they leave i win. Where is problem ? Ha ?

would be nice

Solo blitz is going to pop off regardless of issues that are present in every mode of PvP or PvE and probably do better numbers than shuffle did and does, and shuffle already dominates by player participation.

Players just like the lack of friction, being able to play with some problems is leagues better than never getting to play at all.

5 Likes

This.

No matter how many problems the mode has, it will surpass tenfold all participation the current RBG ever has had

1 Like

This will come down to queue times aswell though, but I’m assuming we are gonna see shorter queues compared to shuffle, so probably true.

soloq rbg will be the future of wow pvp

1 Like

I mean soloque rbg could be the future of WoW for sure, if done properly and tuned a lot, until they ultimately end up getting it right or it might just become another sub-par mode like shuffle, which just ends up draining even more players from 2s/3s/rbg, making these modes even less popular than they already are.

1 Like

i always hated those game mode, everytime (when back in the day it happened) there were discussions on pvp balance, on teamspeak looking at mmo champ it was clear that they intended to fed the community what they wanted “only 3v3 arena is important” always hated it, and for the longest time it made mage imposible to play unless you had a rogue setting you up all the time, i don’t have a rogue when i duel or do wpvp or bg, but the typical arena handy answer was “well who cares about wpvp duel and bgs”

i care, i care because i play wow, i don’t pay 12.99 a month to spam arena, i play pvp, i play pve, i do world activities, and i always ALWAYS do them with pvp in mind too, and to have most of your class concept decided for arena is just BS. idc how good mage was in arena for years, in wpvp and bgs it became obsolete and useless, and for a decade i sat lfg hearing people tell me “just play arena nobody will invite for rated bg” well f that.

finally we getting bg soloq, and tbh i don’t even care how they will make it or if it wil kill rbg bracket or arena, those bracket looked always dead and created more harm than good in my pvp experience.

sorry if i rant out, i just wanted to play the game for the longest time ever.

1 Like

You’re right. But that doesn’t necessarily mean i’ts a good future.

“it might not be perfect, but it will be alot better than what we have right now”
John F Constantine

Honor and conquest won’t matter later in the season and they already have CR points deducted. 150 if I’m not mistaken. However, the biggest issue is they don’t deduct MMR. A lot of people are wondering why there are so many leavers. The answer is because CR is irrelevent for the most part as long as you have high MMR, so a lot of people leave lobbies to keep their MMR in bad lobbies, because 150 cr is easy to get back in favorable lobbies as long as you have higher MMR.

Leavers should just be suspended automatically for a few hours stacking up to 1 week for repeat offenders. Without having to report manually. Should be the same for solo shuffle, tbh.