Rated Solo Shuffle Update

The reason I was excited for solo q was so I could earn gladiator myself, as solo… Not appealing if no glad mount/title is available to me. Just gonna continue in 2v2… Neeeeeext…

4 Likes

i mean, there are obvious differences between soloshuffle and 3s, i cannot think of a fair solution for everyone, like, imagine you are 4/6 in winning and someone quits, and you r mad, but if you think logically at it, if you get awarded those 4 wins, and 0 loses, someone might have closed his soloshuffle with a 2-6 and didn’t get a chance to win the last 2 rounds, maybe he got the “bad temmates scenario” and the soloshuffle system that is supposed to prevent this kind of thing aka, swapping temmates, is not gonna happen for him because some guy just quit in the middle, its not fair for that guy to end the shuffle assuming he was gonna lose the next ones, and you cannot award only victories and points to everyone either, kinda hard to get a right solution, because i can’t remember another game with this kind of soloshuffle system

1 Like

The rewards of solo shuffle dont really seem to work. You dont recieve progress towards great vault, vicous mount or are able to purchase conquest gear based on rating. I love the game mode so far it has issues with leavers and all but i expected that. Some form of heavier punishment for leaving would be nice so people don’t do it for rating. But love the fact that you are able to learn arenas easier on alts and stuff. Its a good gateway to get into PVP.

3 Likes

Not to mention it gives you only 15 conquest. Rated solo shuffle aren’t live. That’s a brawl with an imaginary rating number on them

1 Like

How to play this game. TANKS q only!! It’s not a game it’s just a pain to play with tanks what A HELLL!!!

1 Like

Hi! Can i upgrade my conquest gear if i earn ranks in rated solo? (combatant, duelist etc)

Thank you for your continued feedback on Rated Solo Shuffle. As mentioned in the original post, we want to disincentivize players from leaving their match, punish them appropriately, and have minimal impact on players who did not leave.

After an update we intend to make next week, players who leave a Rated Solo Shuffle match will now lose personal rating equivalent to losing all 6 rounds within a match, while the remaining players will not have a change in their rating.

Additionally, we will increase the duration of the deserter penalty on repeat leavers.

We’ll continue to monitor feedback and player behavior in Rated Solo Shuffle. Thanks again!

14 Likes

What about letting us upgrade our items? We are off-season but technically we should have that option and fill the progress for the weekly chest, right?

5 Likes

This change is perfect but I’m worried that Rated Solo Shuffle will follow the 2s bracket in that people will refuse to play it because “healers are boring in 2s”. The exception here is that tanks are the problem. Are there any plans to either remove tanks from Rated Solo Shuffle or create an opt-in queue to be entered into tank games?

Tanks staying in Rated Solo Shuffle combine with this change is going to force people to play out those games and frustrations of getting tank games will sky rocket. There needs to be a solution for this.

What problem?

and what about gear upgrades is it also will be after weekly servers restart or we go for another buggy week?

2 Likes

We cannot differentiate between rated and non rated Suffle.

And that’s annoying when we queue on both.

2 Likes

Are you guys working on the unable to upgrade PvP gear despite having current rating? Seems like it is not even a known issue looking at the current pvp known issue post from before, can we please get an update if it is actually bugged out or just intended? this post right here states that it should be possible, but perhaps it has been changed? https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23865969/shadowlands-season-4-ends-soon-and-a-look-at-post-season

3 Likes

Should one not be able to upgrade gear accordingly to the solo ranks?

Atm, we cant upgrade the gear, despite the rank in solo rated

You are able to upgrade the regular way, through rated 2s / 3s but i was curious if rated solo shuffle also allows for upgrades soon

is it really “rated” solo shuffle right now ? We ain’t getting anything out of it , the different bars for saddle and vault don’t fill, and we can’t upgrade the gear from that game mode.

More like skirmish solo shuffle with an imaginary pointless rating.

New patch notes (28 Oct update):

Player versus Player

• Rated Solo Shuffle

• Fixed an issue that prevented rating gained from Solo Shuffle to affect your ability to upgrade gear.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Rated Solo Shuffle first win of the day rewards to not be rewarded at level 60.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented Rated Solo Shuffle from providing progress towards the Great Vault and progress towards Vicious mounts while above 1000 rating.

Can you guys upgrade gear based on highest Rated Solo rating? I still can’t for some reason.

Nope.

Also, the vault is unranked even though I’m well beyond being unranked.

What does not work currently:

• Indeed, I can confirm Great Vault is based on highest 2v2/3v3/10v10 rating, is not affected by Solo Shuffle rating
  • Gear still can’t be upgraded (after daily reset)

What works now:

• Honor from Rated Solo shuffle counts towards mount
  • Honor from Rated Solo shuffle counts towards Great Vault