"raw" gold farm + best character for runs

You can still do this, but there are npc’s now that allow you to do the LFR version solo. The WoD one is a orc located in your garrison.

Or this if you don’t mind the repetitiveness

1 Like

Well true is kinda anoying, but u can do lfr and raids once /week. So only option is this after. And for best chars, its obivously either monk or druid with high speed buff abilites, but i say druids better for this, feral spec catform.

1 Like

thx for the help guys.
As a noob player I am still a little confused about how and why this stupid LFR works. But at least I have 2 methods to get me some gold now :smile:

Your weekly grind:

Do all three Warlords raids on all 4 difficulties. You can get into the LFR version by talking to Seer Kazal in your Garrison; the other difficulties are set difficulty and walk in. Those will nett you something like 22K.

Do all Mists raids on LFR and Heroic. You can get into LFR by talking to the Raid Finder Storyteller in the Lorewalkers above Mogushan Palace.

Dragon Soul and Firelands are also worth doing for Cata raids. You can find the Dragon Soul LFR by talking to the NPC at the entrance. Firelands has no LFR.

After that, Ulduar, Naxxramas and ICC may be worth your time, at 1K-2K each on 25-man.

That should yield a total of 40-50K per week.

After that, for raw gold, there are several dungeons you can try - Botanica is cliche, but still functional, also Grim Batol. Be sure to to them on Normal so you don’t get locked out. You will get ~2K-3K/hr for 10 runs. Ish. Not reall worth your time, but reliable.

1 Like

Skyreach offer more gold than grim batol.
Also basically aside foundry with 4 difficult, timewise farming skyreach worth more than complete and reach (fly) the other raids.

1 Like

Ah. Here’s the thread I was looking for:

As for which character is best, it really won’t matter much. Everything dies of fright as soon as it sees a 120, so something with lots of effortless AoE.

Warlords raids drop almost nothing in trash, so I wouldn’t bother with trash for those - go straight to the bosses and save time.

1 Like

If you do it with a caster you can also get the Teracgossa staff as a bonus over the course of some (quite a few) weeks.

Does it? Thanks. I might even test it to see. :slight_smile:

Ambuleafs, if you want a hand finding anything, or understanding how things work, post again and I’ll pop in and give you a hand. Not doing anything today …

3 Likes

Yes, i got like 300g each run in grim batol, while in skyreach i had like 400g.

Thanks. Just tested. Two Skyreach runs got me 850 gold, so average 425, and each run, including vendoring time, was well under 5 minutes, so no instances-per-hour problems.

Yeah, and more generally, old raids are places where you will pick up lots of transmog and achievements, and occasional mounts and pets.

1 Like

Every MoP raid > every cata raid > every wod raids

Won’t bother with dungeons as the gold per hour is usually lower (mop and wod are around 7k gph, dungeons only amount to 2~4k gph) and raids actually have decent mats or pets which further increase your profits.

For instance : Molten Core on a miner is worth ~ >1.5k gold out of dark iron ore and sulfuron ingot alone on my server

Twilight Bastion usually drops 500g worth of volatiles and has a few ~1k gold pets

You can also increase your profits by DE’ing some of the cheapest gear depending on the current prices.

MoP raid set and Boe can also be DE to drop mats like hanted spirits and spirit of wars which can be huge too. (Can be done with the enchanting garnison building)

This isn’t purely raw gold anymore but there are ways to increase your earnings with professions.

Also gonna throw in here that with Legacy loot coming to legion content next week those will also be very lucrative in terms of raw gold. They may be a bit harder than the older raids but especially the lfr difficulties should mostly be soloable by now.

430 Ilvl is enough for LFR from my experience

wouldnt you prefer to spend like 1-2 hours in work and then just buy 200k via token this way ?

if your amazing method gives you 8kper hour you will need 25 hours to achieve same resoults -_-

1. Some people (one of whom I am which) feel that buying gold is cheating, and would rather not feel like that.

2. Some people don’t have handily suplus cash - notably teenagers with no job, people out of work, at the moment people out of work because of closures and restrictions, people in countries where the average income makes spare cash tight.

3. Not everybody asking about gold wants 200K. Beginners just hitting max, especially, often just want enough to buy their faster flying, maybe a crafted piece or two, like that.

4. Beginners especially will likely enjoy discovering and learning the old raids they never got to see.

1 Like

if you are out of work then you shouldnt play games

you should look for work .

Due to the current pandemic a lot of people are not in work at the moment, and sadly some have lost their jobs or might not be getting paid for the enforced ‘work break’. Not sure where you are from but looking for work and attending interviews is not going to be happening for quite some time.

11 Likes

Yup some raids yield more gold, but only doable one time /week.

Skyreach in other hand, yield 4000 gold every avg 30 min. Not many raid beat that gold /min

Sadly not everyone has TONS of money to WASTE in-game gold. I offered OP a way.

But someone has time to play.

Also this.

1 Like

Indeed, but I barely have enough time to do it once in a while (well, I don’t rely on raw gold farms to earn gold anyway)

Farm herbs and ore. 15 mins ~= 5k gold