Ray tracing worth it?

So I have recently got a new build with a Nvidia 3080 RTX in.

Have been tracking my FPS as of late with ray tracing enabled. In group content I maintain 70-80 DPS with High ray tracing enabled. If i head into a very crowded city it can drop to 50-60 FPS. With ray tracing on I maintain 30-40 higher FPS in both situations.

Do people think it’s worth it? I’m really not sure, but feels silly to be running a 3080 and not be making most of ray tracing.

In the circumstance I’d say its a personal preference, I’ve seen some great looking Ray Tracing demos and it makes it seem absolutely worthwhile, as far as my experience with WoW so far goes? I’ve not really had enough time to decide yet.

I’m guessing your monitor can make use of more than 60fps?

WoW only has raytraced shadows so the visual impact may be low to none depending on the surrounding while the FPS will drop. It’s a personal choice.

I would say it’s something to enable for screenshots and when you want to just chill, like while fishing… In combat 30-40 FPS + occasional drop can be to annoying.

Yeah, it’s very limited raytracing but due to the game engine being what it is.

You’re not going to see much effects like redone Quake 2 RTX or other new titles that take full advantage of it like Control.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.