RBG scene is DEAD (Revive Suggestion)

But bro even getting 6 people together is pain in the back… we got 5v5 arena bracket and it died, just because forming group was painfull, and it was in golden era of WoW when PvP community got like 10x time more active players… Its 21 th century, why anyone shoud wait a hour to form group? when he can simply play some other game and get almost instant que into ranked play?

So don’t touch dead horse then, coz 2x2/3x3 arenas - faster, rewarded, get attention from balance team and don’t need to find 10 peoples to play.

this was kind of always the case tho and I think it’s not necessarily bad because if you think about what would need to happen for this not to be the case ?
every dps class for example would need to have roughly the same utility, the same amount of AOE dmg and the same amount of single target dmg.

there was a time where different groups with different setups like spellcleave or meleecleave would be viable and they still are until you get to a certain rating.

ofc and this cant be fixed until we get vendors ( which is next expansion )

people kind of play the game to win and more so the higher rating you want to push, its human psychology and I don’t know really how you would try to work against that.

don’t know about that, I think a big reason why RBG is dying is because PVP is kinda dying as a whole since basically 5 years now, Arena participation is down and random BG participation too and there is the real problem I think.

RBG had it’s healthiest years during the time where random BG’s were done 24/7 by everyone and their mom because it was simply fun, an unbalanced mess that gave you a reward to work towards, but that is long gone.

The only rewards you get from random BG’s now are cosmetics and titles which are things PvP players tend to not care about as much.

The second big aspect on why random BG participation is down is in my opinion class design, most people I talk to haven’t enjoyed playing their class in years, in fact 80% of my friends that still play the game say MoP was the last time, 20% say WoD.

So why engage in an activity that is mainly done purely because of fun ?

Random BG’s are to RBG’s the same as Heroic Dungeons are to Mythic+, it’s the entry level to spark peoples interest, they are meant for players to provoke the thought: I think I am way better than the people I face/play with in random BG’s / Heroics so I’d like to play something more challenging and test my skill, at least that’s what brought me into RBG’s and most of my friends.

So I really think the only solution to this problem is to increase participation for Random BG’s, if that’s achieved people will want to play RBG’s again naturally.

Sadly an increase of BG participation will happen in Shadowlands at the earliest because that’s when Vendors come back, giving people another way of progression that’s not entirely based on purely cosmetics.

How class design is going to be is too early to judge but if they manage to create something similar to how classes played in Cata or MoP I think we would be looking at a really bright random BG and therefore RBG future.

Why use the acronym ‘RBG’, when ALL BGs are ‘RBGs’?

Random BGs, Rated BGs <- both start with R, and then ‘BG’ is added to them, making them ‘RBGs’.

So maybe better to differentiate what you mean by typing the whole name? It’s not that hard to type.

Random bg is not rbg

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.