RBG scene is DEAD (Revive Suggestion)

Introduction:

• I will type this topic from perspective of long term PvP player.
    We all need to accept reality that RBG scene is death, even in time of this unlucky Corona when most people are at home yet almost no one play RBG.

Now lets see why RBG scene died?

• Un-healthly meta (I personally hate meta shifts instead real balance), so RBG come to point when you need to have specialy composed setup of meta classes/specs to be competitive, which will put all non meta classes in trashcan and favor only meta classes), which means only certain classes and specs are allowed to play RBG, rest are instantly declined.
  • Arranging group of 10 PvP people take to long, time increases with ratting
  • Even if you somehow arrange group, you will probably lose vs. meta group if your group is not meta, so your group will disband naturally.
  • Rewards for doing RBG are sub-paar
  • Tactics which people play in RBG are very cheap and cheesy and not contribute to fun of match.

How Blizz can revive it?

• Considering all whats wrrited above, blizzard need to scrap idea of 10vs10. Truth is: If people didnt play RBG in time of Corona they never will (Thats our reality ! )
  • So they need to make solo/duo RBG que. Make good mechanic to scramble quers so people wont abuse the system, to que in same time and end in same team.
  • And yes, win/lose ratio in solo/duo que will be around 50%, but good players will have 53+% onward, so in this small margin you can pull out some kind of ratting score and arrange ladderboard based of games won and game played, contributions during matches etc.
  • Also to make it different from normal BG you shoud get minimal gear requirement to join and some kind of RBG season ban system for leavers.
  • In additon solo/duo RBG, will solve problem of discrimination toward non meta classes/specs (because in matches you will littelary got random team so its up to you to contribute and cooperate to tip the balance toward wining, isnt this a skill? )
  • Solo/duo RBG will end of era of cheap and cheesy tactics currently used to win RBG (because those tactic not work with random setup mostly)
  • Make rewards for doing RBG more lucrative, and gief back player control over their PvP gear customization (like: play > earn currency > buy) ; simple and good.

Final words:

• If blizzard ever introduce solo/duo RBG, this will be my main activity in WoW and reason to alot of players to return to game, because remember RBG is crown of PvP, Blizzard just need to polish this crown better to restore its shine.

/Discuss, best regards

10 Likes

Play random bg , rbg players queue random bgs right now. They are completely dead.

None of the season 1 teams are maining that ladder atm.

You spend 2 hours on lfg tool right now if you wont inv 2.2k exp people to glad/hota groups.

1 Like

not only rbg is dead, it is pretty much all pvp on the brink of dying thanks to bfa design
not rewarding, not fun, to hard to gear correctly etc etc

3 Likes

i would give up my legs for arena/rbg solo/duo que , oh god that would make the game so much fun

1 Like

This will revive RBG PvP scene, and WoW will automaticly become one of best PvP games. This game littelary screams for solo/duo RBG que.

Dozens of people will have reason to play and keep playing if this ever come to life. Blizzard need to understand that alot of playerbase are hurt by meta discrimination and time consuming process to form group to do action, because of this they sway to other games, solo/duo RBG will respark people desire to play and to return to WoW from other games.

1 Like

yeah , imagine if u had to form a group in league of legends like you do in wow , insta dead game

4 Likes

well i guess that solo queue rbg would work to some extend. But the balance of classes is sooooooo bad that rng would actually decide the outcome of the game more than skill.

Biggest problem why pvp is dying is because of gear in my opinion.
Second problem is the straight up garbage balance that we have with 4-5 massive dominating spec resulting in no fun for pretty much everyone else

i could not agree more

1 Like

I feel like they should make RBGs 5v5 or 6v6.

Balance is bad because people are allowed to play exact meta setup which will smash anyone else.

Currently in PvP; 60% is skill; 40% is setup… With proper meta setup you are allowed to play bad but still win (which shoudnt happen). So basicly WoW PvP become one big discrimination toward anyone who is not meta. Solo/duo RBG will instantly solve this problem, because people will be unable to achive desired meta setup to get cheap and cheesy victories, and discrimination will stop ! Real skill will show up.

“Real skill is not to achieve 2200 with meta class, but to play with your old neighboour with off-meta class, who never play PvP and get 1750”

In past we got 5v5 arena, it died off by same reason as RBG dies now, even to invite 5 people was time consuming, and people was very hesitant to play, because it was so easy to lose ratting. (because it was hard to find 5 people with desired ratting, for example: you want 5x people to be 2k, you stuck into looking for grp for hours, then you invite guy with 0CR, then you got in situation to earn +5 ratting on win and -27 on lose, after a single lose group simply lose moral to play (specially if this lose come from Disconect). I asure you 5v5 or 6v6 wont work, its alredy tryerd, Solo/duo is only solution.

2 Likes

partly yes,
but that is also what I mean RNG will win most games.
RNG means you could have 5 OP specs while the other side has none. That would make it impossible to win for that side.
Why LOL solo queue works is because most champs are very close too each other and outliers can be banned. On top of it, everyone could play meta in an instant but that obviously doesn’t work with wow

I think solo queue could work under following conditions:
-activate legion templates but secondary stats from your gear matters, ilvl is scaled
-allow only 1 spec per team
-allow only 2 healer and 0 tanks per team

than it could actually be mixed and fair enough to have some fun

and yes rbg and also arena have the problem that people usually only want same or more exp people to play with, thus limiting themselves very much and this will result in dead queues,
It worked before because we had a much larger player pool. It works in pve because the player pool is still large enough (and getting semi decent xp is much easier)

On short run yes, on long run no… there will be times when you just end in very bad game, but this happening with evry online game from time to time, LoL, overwatch, CS:GO, Dota 2 just name it… So I agree that RNG gonna ruin your match from time to time but it also gonna ruin enemy match in same manner.

Remember; RBG consist of 10 players, so 10% of win lays on your shoulders if you play solo, and 20% if you play duo… so once you play 100games you shoud have up to 55-60% win ratio if you contributed well. (in truth if you are good player your presence will contribute to victory, and if you are bad your presence will contribute opposite, and this will crystalize after one play 100+ games)

From that small margin above 50% they can pull out some number for ratting, based on: games played, games won, games lost, and contribution during match (flags, damage done, healing done, defenses, killing blows, etc…mix of evry aspect)

Good idea. Yeah RBGs are dead, nobody wants to play them exactly for the reasons you mention. I’m thinking oh god, what are we gonna play 3 fire mages afk casting pyros? That’s gonna be great. The meta right now is just on mongoloided dps racing with no room for pressure plays / cross cc / anything that would require some skill and coordination. Blizzard literally ruined this great game and what was once a great Pvp community have all but left and quit, which is perfectly understandable.

Anyway, yeah this is a fun solution that could work. The incompetent staff at Blizzard really need to be totally replaced (apart from Art team) and do something for the Pvp, (they can revert it to cata state and everything will work fine, players will come back)

You can’t have a rich community with such a poor game, give players some tools to work with!

2 Likes

they should just imploment more rewards :slight_smile:

pvp in general is pretty dead due to been neglected for pretty much a full expansion, and devs not litening to any feedback at ell even from multi grlad/hero of ally/horde, and just think thy know better with everything.

Blizzard need to realize that there is alot of good PvP competitve games on market, and all those games poaching PvP players. Because its impossible to get quick ranked RBG action in WoW. This is good example , imagine if you need to wait 1 hour to start LoL ranked game… game woud die asap.

Just one question for Blizzard? Woud you rather jump in Stormwind 1 hour and wait to form RBG group just to play one game, then repeat entire process. or woud you rather say: screw the WoW I gonna try other games which almost instantly put me in ranked match… You see there is ALOT of good games on market which offer instant ranked action. And this is reason why this game cry for solo/duo RBG que. Whats point of making so many good battlegorunds if they are so inaccesible for ranked play? Whats phylosophy behind it?

If you make solo/doe RBG it will be top 1 activity to watch on Twitch

If Blizzard wants to take WoW PvP seriously then Class design needs to be serious as well.

Stuff like infinite mana pools really has to go. Resources should matter way more than they do right now across the board.

So fix GCDs and make people think again instead of mashing whatever lights up or what some retarded cheat addon sound tells you to do.

Bring the class, not the player© Hazzikostas
Its a dead horse, only solo ranked and 6 x 6 RBG can revive this.

On that part i agree on you 10000%, addons in WoW PvP gone to far, anyone become perfect interupter etc…game become dull low amount of suprises and skills. Imagine if LoL have addon which show enemy champion cooldowns above their head? I guess it will lose E-Sport licence very fast… In some games devs review addons, blizzard need to do the same.

However thats offtopic, this topic is about discusing current state of RBG…

Dont you think that RBG maps are too big for 6 people? 6 people will demand shrinking maps, maps are made for 10+, solo/duo que is more clean solution.

Deep Six Brawl actually what they can do with RBG.