Re-prune us please (Ret)

Two of our “new” auras are just our current passives. Word of Glory is worthless. Consecration is worthless and doesn’t have a comfortable place to slot into our rotation. You’ve added a bunch of bar clutter and given us a mobility nerf with Crusader Aura no longer being passive. We’re already known as the wheelchair spec. I’d rather keep the bar space than have most of this crap on my bars “Just in case” there’s a gap in my rotation to use them.

4 Likes

So many bl**dy buttons i am going to need a new tin to carry them all. I mean you build and then you spend what’s so hard that it’s going to take all these different spells to handle it. So sh*t ton of crap and just to make it interesting i have to provide my own wheelchair.

Well tbh the first thing you notice when you log into the PTR is your already full bars… having almost no room for the “new” spells, at least the stupid auras are on their own “bar”.

Also… keybinds, i have 25 now which are comfortable, now i have to make about 4-5 more… meh.

1 Like

Having more abilities is never a bad thing.

The point of unpruning is not to give you new abilities to fit into your rotation that you are expected to use all the time, but to give you abilities that you might find useful in some situations, and unite all the specs a little bit more.

Unpruning indirectly effecting other things is a different matter thou.
Nerfing Divine Steed for example, I feel is an oversight to them restoring it as an aura and not taking that into consideration…

Also if you feel like your bars are cluttered, try playing a Elemental Shaman or Rogue; Their bars were overflowing before the unpruning. (thats not really a defense to that argument thou)

3 Likes

I would rather have 3 “useless” abilities which i use like 1 per 30 fights than having builder spender 4 button class with no identity

5 Likes

Why would you ever waste 3 holy power on word of glory when flash of light does the same healing for mana? It’s a dead button. Some of these ‘extra buttons’ are just scuffed old talents that do less damage than crusader strike (Consecration). Utterly pointless additions that do nothing for our ‘identity’ (lol).

1 Like

Firstly numbers are right now just numbers, Secondly you dont how covenant,soul binds, legendaries affect that spells also yea maybe it will be useless in pve but very good in pvp (with some pvp talent) but as i said i would rather have more spells than less

2 Likes

Thing is, we used to have these abilities already. As talents. Where they were actually useful in various situations instead of being a waste of bar space. Bar space that needs to be expanded without having to download an add on like bartender because they’re so damn cluttered as-is.

Thing is that back in day you had EVERY spells and EVERY spell was meaningful flash of light healed for ton, wog healed for ton even more when you healed friend but now ?? 50% of your power is distributed within borrowed power mechanics which “complete” spec and thats why 80% of base specs feel like crap but maybe i am just boomer because i love having many abilities and difficult gameplay

3 Likes

One of the biggest examples is the complaint about why SoTR for Ret.

SoTR and Cons are all you need to add tank; now you might say well that’s what the tanks are for, but picking up adds on an add intensive encounter, and then being able to switch back to 2h when its time to DPS the boss is a utility that few other dps specs could pull off.

Could a raid / group get by without it… yes… but its some extra utility that taking your class (and you) would bring over someone else. Otherwise everyone would just be picked for who does most dps.

Add to the fact that neither Cons or SoTR are capped at 5 targets and you might find in those situations it will actually give you better DPS (plus the survivability of the extra armor).

As for WoG, what happens when you run out of mana?
Doesn’t Flash of Light have a cast time unless you get certain procs / stacks in Ret?
What I’m saying is there might be times when you need healing now, and Flash of Light is unavailable but you have 3 holy power.
(Dead = 0 dps)

1 Like

Ret will we fine you do not need to play seraphin or inquisition in SL you choose crusade+ divine purpose if you remenber legendary ring from legion you know how godlike it was.Also World of glory is worthless?! Are you kidding me that talent is best it ever was you know how many times it saved my m+ run or 3v3 match by healing my party from like 10% hp to near full hp.

Divine purpose doesn’t give crusade a stack in Shadowlands.

Yeah, when it was a talent. It’s since been nerfed into a single target heal that heals the same as flash of light.

Reason you have divine purpose+ crusade it is just insane, does not need further explanation.Also it is simple you never worry about watching some WA for stuff that is maybe like 5% dmg more maxx but only if you do it perfectly. In a heavy mechanics fight and pvp less you have to watch something you do not need realy the smoother you can play the important stuff that actualy matters.No1 in the right mind would play seraphim+inqusition at the same time even if it sims far above simpler build, the reason is the sim accounts for 100% no error play and that is not possible for a human.

SL’s WOG is nothing like the talent used to be… if i’m not mistaken then its one of the weakest heals in the game, heals only 1 target, cost 3HP.

1 Like

This whole discussion is confusing. I thought the point of these spells was that they were consistent across the specs. So that if a prot main swapped to ret he still recognised some of the spells and visa versa. Not every spell has to be useful in every situation.

Take concercrate. Aweful spell dose no
Damage. Now consider you place it before adds spawn or as you need to break contact with the boss. Suddenly it extra dmg that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to do.

Wog. Yes it heals for the same as a flash of light which means. It can be used when you are out of mana. When there is nothing to attack. Where dps isn’t important such as a boss immunity intermission. Where for what ever reason you want to dump holy power. Let’s say a call comes to stop dps. Well I still have all this holy power let’s dump it and help healers.

I’m not saying these scenarios are common. But they do happen so why not have a tool to deal with it.

Sor is the same. Let’s say you are in an intermission and there’s a crap tonn of dmg with little to nothing to attack. Well in that case sor is an extra defensive. Ok you would need a macro to use it effectively and it probably is the smallest of edge’s. But these situations do happen. I can name any number of bosses where all 3 of these abilities have uses.

So I don’t really understand the point of this discussion

Even turn evil can be used as a gheto interrupt

Also has no target cap. So will be viable when the number of targets exceeds x. There are encounters like this in Nya’lotha (again not many) but it is likely there will be encounters like it in SL.

Previously you had to spend a talent point to get Cons, and when your other abilities had no target cap, and with the situations rare, it wasn’t worth the point.

Now you get it for free.

Exactly, its another spell. It has a different resource, it is instant cast. Its another spell you are getting for free.

1 Like

It’s physical armor increase, and last for 4.5seconds for 3hp. It takes about as long to build it as it lasts, so give me a break dude.

I’ll come back to this comment and say you were right, if I ever experience it being useful like you described, Don’t hold your breath tho.

For Ret it will be more about SoTR’s uncapped AoE frontal attack.
The extra armor is just a bonus for when you are most likely to be using it… facing a ton of little adds hitting everyone.

Some classes got loaded with far too many useless buttons in the ‘unpruning’. People really did not know what they were asking for. I used to play elly, no more. Just far too many situational buttons, and nothing have been done about their fragility.

Look at hunters, whining about Hunters mark, which have a 5% damage bonus. Meaning you constantly have to put it up. As well that your aoe is now much worser since hunters mark only applies to one target.

Well tbh this isn’t something you will experience because you aren’t doing content hard enough for it to matter. This sort of thing will only come into play for people pushing top 100 content. Maby that’s why you think it’s pointless

As I said it’s the smallest of edge’s. It will only matter in the most extreme circumstances

1 Like