Ready to go to work? WoW anniversary event

This thread looks at how long it might take to obtain all Tier 2 mogs during the event and is based on probability from information released.

Some basics:

• Duration of event: About 11 weeks (Oct 23rd - Jan 7th)
  • Amount of Tier sets: 13
  • Currency for purchasing: Bronze Celebration Tokens

Some information from Blizzard:

• Players will earn their first Tier 2 set in the first 2-3 weeks (depending upon their play style).
  • Players will be able to earn anywhere from 1 to 3 Bronze Celebration Tokens per activity over the course of the event each week.
  • Quests and activities can be completed on any character in your Warband and will count toward the weekly amount of (Warband Transferable) Tokens your Warband can earn each week.

Costs:

• First set: 60 Bronze Celebration Tokens
  • Second set: 40 Bronze Celebration Tokens
  • Additional sets: 20 Bronze Celebration Tokens
  • Cost for all: 320 Bronze Celebration Tokens

Events:

NOTE: Specific amount of Bronze Celebration Tokens per activity is currently unknown.

One Time Quests

• “Meet and Greet”
  • “Shopping Squee”
  • “Truth of the Dark Irons”

Weekly Quests and Activities

• “Celebrate Good Fun”
  • Weekly Quest in Dornogal
  • Weekly Bonus Event
  • Queen Ansurek Kill
  • Weekly Outdoor Activities
    • Spread the Light
    • Snuffling
    • Azj-Kahet Pacts
    • Theater Troupes
    • Special Activities (2 per week)
  • Weekly PvP Warmode
  • Weekly PvP Conquest
  • Weekly PvP Honor
  • Weekly PvP Brawl

Ungated tokens available after first 100 tokens collected on the following:

• Chromie’s Codex
  • World Boss
  • Classic Timewalking
  • Korrak’s Revenge Daily Quests
  • Blackrock Depths (Queueable or Non-queueable as a 10-15 player raid with two difficulties: Normal and Heroic)

Secrets event beginning on 28th Oct and ending Nov 4th

• Guest Relations

Based on the above, to get all the Tier 2 mogs, it will perhaps look something like this:

Assume 30 is the max you can get each week by completing ALL activities (Based on Blizz saying you could get your first set in two weeks and discounting how ungated tokens work from certain activities when they become unlocked at 100 tokens collected).

• By the end of week 2: 1st set (60 tokens)
  • By the end of week 3: No set available (30 tokens left over)
  • By the end of week 4: 2nd and 3rd sets (40 and 20 tokens) - ungated tokens unlocked
  • By the end of week 5: 4th set (10 tokens left over)
  • By the end of week 6: 5th and 6th sets (20 tokens each)
  • By the end of week 7: 7th set (10 tokens left over)
  • By the end of week 8: 8th and 9th sets (20 tokens each)
  • By the end of week 9: 10th sets (10 tokens left over)
  • By the end of week 10: 11th and 12th set (20 tokens each)
  • By the end of week 11: 13th set (10 tokens left over)
3 Likes

/wet fart noise

4 Likes

There will be lfr version too, just for your info.

Looks complicated tbh.

Some activities and vendors should to stay post celebration. That way people can to collect in the future as well.

1 Like

Waiting for a hotfix when they will increase the bronze :wink:

Where did you find that information? I could only find that the New World Event: Revisiting the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj would be queueable.

All i can say is meh… im not a collector so not sure how much i cba to play this event.

Not a fan of the way they decided to implement the sets but luckily not interested in all of them so thats something…

Sound familiar * cough * MoP remix * cough *

"Join Moira Thaurissan as the bronze dragonflight grants her a look back in history, guiding us all through a journey through eight epic boss raid encounters.

Players can queue for this epic raid with the Raid Finder (Group Finder Hotkey I) or create their own groups of 10 to 15 players by speaking with Moira for Normal and Heroic difficulties."

Thanks, updated.

1 Like

You are welcome.

Just remember: they’ll make it easier in the future
The sets will return annually. Don’t force yourself if you don’t enjoy it.

1 Like

Are you telling me, that I have to fuzz around for two weeks and do a lot of random busywork, in order to get more tokens than I care for, so I can unlock the actual content that has some substance, because it isn’t available to begin with?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Sorry, ungated tokens will be available from them. I assume the content will be available from the start. Updated to avoid confusion :slight_smile:

Goodie. I was about to get myself a forum ban for a short while there. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just chill - there will be for sure daily / weekly quest.

Just spam then on alts and you will be gucci

This will without happen like 2 weeks in

For those ppl ,like me who doesnt give a single fok about transmog this patch is worthless…

1 Like

They’ve already said that you can only obtain the new currency once per activity per week per character across your warband.