Really the *only* issue I have with warmode

…is the fact that stealth classes have no restriction on stealth when they have the bounty on them.

I agree that it should not be that they can’t stealth at all, but I also don’t see why bringing a DH should be the ONLY counter to it. Either bring back more potent stealth detection items/ potions, or make it so that every minute the bounty will break them out of stealth for a few seconds, with a warning ahead of course.

It’s just unfun to try and hunt anyone down even with good predictions and AoE spell spamming, it’s impossible to actually get them out 99% of the time due to the slow update ticks on their position.

Only Rogue stealth needs changed, Druid is fine.

2 Likes

Says the Druid player!

I think just a stealth detection debuff on the Bounty Target that forces them to not move near enemy players or run the risk of being revealed is all that is needed. For all stealth users.

4 Likes

Well if you reached tge area where the bounty is, the chance that you woll detect the ninja is high and the more bounty hunters around the higher the chance…some aoe skills/spells are better than the others to detect the bounty thats all. For example, mages arcane explosion are better than any lock aoe spells for this as they will be running the bounty area and spamming the spell, so ninja stealth be easily broken.

2 Likes

Well at least the Safe haven movie sort of canonized stealth as some freak of nature hide in plain sight BS. I will still not approve of stealth as a mechanic thou.

Whould be fun if the stealth level was affected by time of day + shadows aswell as movement making noise etc. Because there’s nothing that looks more stupid then sprinting rogues in Vol’dun being all invisible on a huge dune field while the sun are really intense. Not to mention when players Ride! right next to enemies during a shroud in dungeons.

Horrible stealth design is just horrible. What’s even more horrible are that classes that use stealth are not nearly as crippled as they pretend to be if you manage to push them out of stealth.

2 Likes

Well vanilla stealth was easily detected if the ninja approached ya head on or a bit to the sides…for ninja to have a perfect stealth he must approach the target from the back. Also, the nina should must use his talent tree and use some points to improve his stealth. Safe haven have described vanilla stealth quite well.

1 Like

Or at least remove that lag from bounty map icon - make it so it always shows exact point where bounty is. That lag changes nothing for classes without stealth and makes stealth more OP than it already is.

Bounty icon on the map is already quite big - that is more than enough of an area for stealthy to move/avoid in, there is no need for that lag.

2 Likes

The lag exists because Blizzard cannot afford to buy better servers, and they need to preserve those precious serverticks for 10 updates/second on your damn resource bar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.