Realm Connections -- 5 August

Consider all spanish realms please.

1 Like

I believe they’ll get to do Spanish realms eventually.
Consider they have a lot of realms to connect and there aren’t that many Spanish realms so even if they do it in a random order the chance for a Spanish connection right away is pretty low.

So… i just wonder when this is going to happen?
The Kilrogg, Nagrand, and Runetotem realms will join the Arathor and Hellfire realms.

Doubt it will even happen at this point

@Thyvene, please tell your colleagues to be a bit smarter in choosing realms to connect with one another. Combining English with Portuguese servers, is not really working out well for either of the languages.
If it were for a pure economical perspective, I cannot care more or less about who speaks what language. As long as my items sell. Unfortunately this is also about grouping up, recruiting for guilds and interacting with other players (read: humans) in which communication is important.

There is a reason that the Portuguese received their own language servers. Keep it that way.

3 Likes

@Obliterated: This thread might be of at least minor interest to you…

1 Like

Thanks for that link. :slight_smile:

Janek already answered your basic question, I wanted to add aman’thul and gilneas were low pre connection, while nazjatar and nefarian were medium, now both connected groups are high.

This is a common theme between successful connections so far, in US they managed 4 connections so far and all of them were medium at first and ended up high.

Hoping we get a better ratio of successful connections from now on in eu too, last time 25% ratio wasn’t really great.

@ Pení: they will more than likely connect some spanish realm, my preferred choice (for population balance) would be merging the 3 smallest ones, tyrande, exodar and c’thun, you would get a result of 3 high to full realms, and dun modr is doing well enough alone, even if it’s marked as high, I’ve been levelling there lately, so got the chance to do several whos.

@Atai: kilrogg-hellfire atm is the biggest problem for connections, cause normally when blizzard fail a connection they sweep it under the rug, this time they THINK it worked but it failed, so there’s some communication issue on the inside and if they don’t read our posts seriously it’s getting really hard for them to see they made a mistake.

Maybe you should merge the servers you already said you would merge, and unsuccessfully did. Before you begin trying to merge other servers.

1 Like

We’ve encountered some issues with the connections of the following realms:

• The Kilrogg, Nagrand, and Runetotem realms connecting with the Arathor and Hellfire realms.

We are actively looking into solving these issues and hope to have more information to share in the coming days.

3 Likes

Any news on faction balance?

Have you seen the issues people have about connecting a Portuguese server with an English one?

Can you talk to the team please. Many of us don’t want you to take this direction now or in the future.

2 Likes

The Aggra connection should be cancelled , you dont connect servers with different languages.

2 Likes

Let me ask you then, what else would you connect to aggra if not Frostmane?

The server doesn’t have a super high population by itself and it has already been connected before to grim batol

2 Likes

It’s not the people on Frostmane problem if there aren’t enough Portuguese people to fill even one realm. If they can’t fill one realm, they shouldn’t even have their own realm.

Alternatively Blizzard should give people on Frostmane the option to transfer all their characters and guilds from Frostmane to another English speaking realm - but this would defeat the purpose of merging these realms to begin with.

3 Likes

The realm is officially labeled as an English realm since ever it got merged with grim batol (which is very much an English realm and is the host realm of that server cluster), there isn’t such thing as a Portuguese server anymore, its as much of a Portuguese server as Burning legion is a Polish server, its only seen as that because of where players have gathered (though admittedly blizzard kinda facilitated the Portuguese presence on grim batol)

if you look at the official realm list, you will see that the locale of the server has been set to “English” some time ago:

You’re on Draenor, I don’t think they will be connecting that.

Thank you for the update, and for the implied confirmation that you now are aware something went wrong last week. The week of silence after it didn’t work as intended last week was a bit … weird.

2 Likes

The realm is called “Aggra (Português)”. Can’t see how anyone can think it’s an English realm.

its labelled as such because aggra doesn’t really exist as a realm it was copied over to Grim Batol during the last set of server connections in 2014, and as such runs off Grim Batol server rules, and Grim Batol is an English server.

Every character made on Aggra gets a character ID to match Grim Batol and not Aggra, so you can confirm it that way as well… when a server connection happens a guest realm adopts the server rules of the host server, and Grim Batol is an English server, but the server name itself won’t be changed during this process. There is no such thing as a Portuguese locale anymore on EU, the only officially Portuguese servers are the 4 Brazilian ones located in the US region.