Realm Connections -- 5 August

something realy wierd, considering there popped up a post like 4 hours ago, saying the connection is done lol.

Maybe someone who plays on these realms should post in the support forums about it, to clear the misunderstanding.

I don’t play on any of these so I have no reliable way of knowing if they are connected or not.

I don’t know why they would make a post saying they’re connected when they’re not, maybe some communication problem in the inside, so people expect connections to be done and announce that without knowing the person responsible for that failed?

@zealys, you’re right about this, it’s very weird they made that post.

Oh, here’s some news at last: they are connecting FIVE clusters of american realms on a special maintenance thursday, so hopefully some more european ones too in a few days.

Just as a basic idea of the population we’re talking about with these connections they’re doing:

The first set will be 24k + 57k on raider io, which I consider the most reliable site for population atm, total is 81k, this basically means combining a low with a medium pop and getting a high, bit higher than quel’thalas and aegwynn EU taken separately are.

The 2nd set will be 22k + 33k for a total of 55k, so 2 low pop clusters becoming medium (give or take some population fluctuations).

The 3rd set will be 23k and 43k, for a total of 66k, so low and medium making up one of the smallest high pop realms, very similar to quel’thalas and aegwynn EU.

The 4th set will be 47k and 38k, total of 85k, so 2 mediums making plenty for an high pop.

The 5th set will be 21k and 101k, so a low and a high pop being combined into a little bigger high pop of 122k, this is the most interesting of the 5 connections and it’s comparable to thrall EU, one of the biggest german horde realms, that fluctuates between high and full, and slightly smaller than ragnaros EU, a full horde english realm.

Here’s hoping the next set will be executed properly, cause we’ve got (as EU) very few actual connections so far, only 2, and both were german.

1 Like

I did post in customer support about it, no idea if that was the right place or not, but atleast I did it.

In case no one has mentioned it they keep an updated list in this topic of any new connections. It’s a pinned post.

I hope they manage to resolve any issues you are having.

1 Like

So have any EU connections been successful? I know the Nagrand/arathor one doesn’t work.

2 Likes

yes…

Aman’thul was connected to Nazjatar on July 8th, Gilneas was connected to Nefarian on August 5th.

All other ones have so far not materialized though.

1 Like

In case people didn’t see the new upcoming realm connections I’m posting here too:

Those are the English connections.

They’re doing two low with high cluster connections.

Sees Aggra server… Mm’yeah ‘English’ :stuck_out_tongue:
Not a fate I wish upon my old server (Frostmane).

Some of these connections are a joke and show once again how little Blizzard cares. Some of these realms are unofficially not English. There’s no English written in the official chat channels. Like Grim Batol and Aggra are not English while Frostmane is.

Same thing with Burning Legion. Burning Legion is like a Polish realm - the other three are English.

9 Likes

Yup, it really baffles me how they picked these. It truly looks like they didn’t care about the end state of these realms.

I mean for crying out loud… put some better effort into the Euro side. Or do we need to feel as 2nd rate customers again.

5 Likes

It worries me greatly that they list the Arathor+Kilrogg connection as having been completed. That suggests that Blizzard is having serious internal communications issues at the moment, if they aren’t even aware their realm connection failed …

5 Likes

All I want is my C’thun realm connected with anyone else…

We want the connection of all the spanish realms in one, because of the low population compared with big EU realms:
Connected Sanguino
Connected Exodar
Connected Tyrande
C’thun
Dun Modr

1 Like

Consider all spanish realms please.

1 Like

I believe they’ll get to do Spanish realms eventually.
Consider they have a lot of realms to connect and there aren’t that many Spanish realms so even if they do it in a random order the chance for a Spanish connection right away is pretty low.

So… i just wonder when this is going to happen?
The Kilrogg, Nagrand, and Runetotem realms will join the Arathor and Hellfire realms.

Doubt it will even happen at this point

@Thyvene, please tell your colleagues to be a bit smarter in choosing realms to connect with one another. Combining English with Portuguese servers, is not really working out well for either of the languages.
If it were for a pure economical perspective, I cannot care more or less about who speaks what language. As long as my items sell. Unfortunately this is also about grouping up, recruiting for guilds and interacting with other players (read: humans) in which communication is important.

There is a reason that the Portuguese received their own language servers. Keep it that way.

3 Likes

@Obliterated: This thread might be of at least minor interest to you…

1 Like