Realm connections totaly confused now

on general forum it says, the connection of kilrogg/runetotem/nagrand, whit hellfire/arathor, is done, but in game this aint the case at all.

is that post just wrong, or am I missing something now.

3 Likes

Something went wrong so they’ve put things back to how they were whilst trying to fix the problem.

could be but why announce new realms to be connected instead of fixing the one that failed and then continue when they know what the problem is.

just my thoughts.

They were originally to be done in July, then they were done on 5th August (last reset), I cant find anything to say it got cancelled again.

Indeed, I too find it odd they would announce more if one set has not worked.

thats the thing, no info at all, but they are deffo not connected, you can not trade whit them, and you can not se any of their items in AH, and none of hellfire or arathor guilds in guild finder, so they deffo aint connected.

Oh, I hadn’t seen the announcement of further realms, sorry. That is a bit odd with no mention of your group.

1 Like

yeah wierd, considering yesterday they put up info about it beeing done, what still aint the case, atleast not yesterday and doesnt seem to be to day eighter.

well have to wait and se what happens.

If you and a guildie are online, could I suggest you create a level 1 on one of the new realms you are connected to and see if you can be invited to the guild? Remember they need to use name-realm so:-
/ginvite Weffi-Hellfire
If that works, it may be that the realm is connected but the AH’s have not yet? Just throwing some guesses around :slight_smile:

Not to be brutal but there is absolutely no way the hellfire-kilrogg connection went through!

The low pops being connected to medium realms are ALL high pops, these ones were 2 mediums, it’s not possible they got connected and are still medium!

I just tried, I made a character on Nagrand and one on Arathor and tried to trade a pair of pants, it said you can only trade conjured items.

So the connection isn’t working or wasn’t done.

Thanks for trying that Dottie. I’ve sent some smoke signals up to see if we can get an answer about what is happening.

Also they are two active accounts, both with gametime.

And an 8 hours maintenance on Thursday to make some more. Good job it’s just the realms being connected.

its not just this one connection though…

On the German forums they announced that:

• Forscherliga/Die Nachtwache was due to be connected with Todeswache / Zirkel des Cenarius (announced July 3, realms were taken offline once for an extended period of time on July 8)
  • Blackhand was to be connected with Echsenkessel/Mal’ganis/Taerar (announced July 22 with hellfire/arathor, realms last taken off for an extended period August 5)

and on Russian forums they announced:

• Черный Шрам (Blackscar) was to be connected with Борейская тундра (Borean Tundra) (announced July 3, realms were taken offline once for an extended period of time on July 8)
  • Галакронд (Galakrond) was to be connected with Подземье (Deepholm) / Разувий (Razuvious), (announced July 17, last attempt was also done August 5th)

None of these connections actually happened though, In all these cases it feels like they have completely forgotten about these servers (or at least they haven’t provided any updates since) and just announced new, different ones after, especially the 2 connections they announced that should have happened on July 8 seem to have been totally forgotten for a month now.

2 Likes

Good to contact blizzard for you who have the means, since they’re clearly spreading disinformation regarding this particular connection, however I really don’t see the need for all these experiments, it’s simple maths: realms have a population label depending on the active population of the last few hours, and it’s generally pretty stable: there have been 6 “successful” connections on the 2nd round so far across the EU and the US, between a low + medium realm, and in some cases medium + medium, and every single one of them ended up high.

In a case like hellfire-kilrogg it’s sufficient to look at the label, high would be required for the connection to have been successful.

In addition, if it had been successful, you could look on who and you would definitely see some players from kilrogg on hellfire, but there’s none.

1 Like

Worst thing is… no communication about all the errors they make. GM don’t deal with it. Guildbanks loose money. server mergers are a disaster. Why not STOP it… and try this out on the ptr-beta servers?

Some have gone through ok this week. The problem is mixed messages from Blizzard as to what’s happening with Kilrogg etc.

Yes, indeed, blizzard tends to sweep it under the rug when a connection goes wrong normally, while you see they posted immediately about the successful US connections last time around, however hellfire is a problem cause there seems to be some communication problem on their insides, and since they don’t generally check what we post they may not be aware it failed.

Maybe they’ll notice later on that they’re actually still medium.

yeah this, I just can not get it at all, like how is it possible they say it whent through, when it realy did not.
I do hope they fix it and not just leave it, becuse if that happens, those 5 servers will die out, becuse people will leave them, some already did before the announcement, where others are on standbuy to se what happens.

The community team have posted an update

1 Like

Yes, good they’re aware of this now, at this point they will do it again at some point, there’s a handful of realms across several eu regions in the same situation.