Realm Consolidation - Two factions on the same account?

I have a few alliance chars on Living Flame alliance.
I also have a few horde characters on Lone Wolf horde.

Is it known, will I be able to move horde chars to Living Flame or are they just stuck on dying server?

1 Like

This is what im wondering 2, as i have both factions just the other way around to u lol.

no one seems to have mentioned what happens to people who have both factions when you push every1 onto 1 server?

I really hope that the Blizzard solution ends up being “sucks to be you, lost half of your characters”.

Best would be to allow for both factions on the same realm, despite it being PvP
Alternative would be to allow one of the factions to move to PvE realm

The other alternative is also not great - griefers can log on opposite faction character to grief someone.

On classic era, you can transfer character (from lowpop era realm or dead from hc realm) to era pvp server with opposite faction and after it you can create both factions characters on it. Its 1 client and i think on SoD it will work same way.

3 Likes

I hope this will be the case here too then!

as someone with both factions on the same PvP Server - you’ll keep them all together in one place.

Yeah, you’ll have two factions on one PvP server. But let’s say you play mostly horde and want to create an alt to play with your horde friends or guild, you might be unable to due to server imbalance. So that’s fun.

There is a solution/compromise to mitigate this

1. 15 minute cooldown between switching characters of different factions.

Alternatively…

1. if you switch characters of different factions, you have world PvP disabled for 30 minutes (much like the bloodmoon debuff!).

I prefer the latter.

Or just switch layer, its gonna be a mega server after all. No need to create complicated solutions when simple one exists

With there only being 2 servers, I dont see how they will be able to lock a faction on one without there being a massive outcry.

Maybe Im an eternal optimist though.