Realm merge destroyed guilds

No sadly it didnt do anything, but I am also noticing that the only guilds affected by this are Kilrogg, Nagrand and Runetotem. I havent seen any guilds from Hellfire or Arathor affected

1 Like

So Blizz there is massive problems across many many guilds, the problem is common you have all the data pre merger and post merger.

What is the plan to fix, at this point you must know what happened ?
Seems a bit pointless for guilds to just repeat the same common issue over and over.

Guild: HRTH
Realm: Nagrand

GM was removed from guild and I was made GM. Roster is showing 35 characters, down from about 400 (not certain on exact number), characters removed included a few that were ‘in memoriam’ members who have passed away. Guild has been active since 2007. Activity log shows ‘unknown promoted Hannasus to GM’ and one other entry, nothing else.

Guild bank not showing any items on any tabs, gold appears untouched.

I couldn’t even raise a ticket - nothing seemed to fit the situation

A few observations…
From the reports here it seems that every guild where the guild leader was kicked also has the empty guild bank problem. While the guilds where the leader is the same all have intact banks.

Perhaps the merge resulted in split database entries for each guild, where some members ended up in a part that is treated as invalid. If the part of the split that contains the original guild leader always has the correct original database entry id, while the other parts have a new id, that could maybe explain the guild bank problems for the guilds where that split part is marked invalid?

I’m probably way off and that’s not how the database works at all, just a software engineer having fun theorising :slight_smile:

I checked both the guilds called Meltdown-Runetotem and the rosters are identical - I’m the GM, we don’t have the gbank issue altho, we do have the removal of all our guild events disappearing from the calendar. Also both the Meltdown-Kilrogg guilds are identical to each other

1 Like

this is same for Aspiration, GB is fine, I am still the GM or was yesterday didnt login today yet, just missing members.

also I edited my post, and those new guilds that where posted here, has the exact same issue whit duplicated ones.

Guild: Knights of Viminacivm
Realm: Kilrogg

GM (Lukadeluka-Kilrogg) was removed from the guild. All of the roster is my family members so losing characters isn’t the biggest issue, I will invite them back. Logs show Unknown has promoted Angelofdoom to GM. Logged in characters that were kicked, inlcuding the GM, didn’t help.

The whole guild bank is empty (every tab), gold as in other cases stayed the same.

starting to look like that, I checked every guild that posted here and almost all have a duplicate guild on armory, exept a few, though some even have a guild whit same name on hellfire or arathor, but most have atleast 2 entries in armory.

1 Like

Blizzard, could we please have an update on what will be done to rectify this situation? I spent almost all of yesterday re-inviting members and entering the other information I hold for them and I haven’t even touched the surface yet.

wowprogress seems to be updating now, so you can se to some extent who you have lost there now, Aspiration lost about 10 members and lots of alts, arround 30 chars atleast.

Hey everyone!

We’ve not forgotten about you and the issue at hand :slight_smile:

As was mentioned by someone else in the thread, the restarts did not solve the issue. It’s still being looked into and worked on but we don’t have any further information on it right now.

6 Likes

There is another restart now so fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

seems something is happend, got a mail saying they had to change my password to solve an issue on my account also, even though I seem to be able to be logged in here hehe.

No email for me yet

mine came before they did the reset already, but it seems legit atleast.

Looks like the guild issues are fixed to some degree, still needs people to log in though

Yes! This seems to have solved the issues with my guild at least, the names of those who have not logged on yet are still blank in the new guild interface. But I can see all the names if I open the old “/guildroster” roster.

The restart at 11 AM got some old members back but still missing the majority.
Guild : Immortal
Realm : Runetotem

Regards

Guild member numbers are now showing back to what they were (at a glance) although everyone who hasnt logged in is showing as a blank.

Also, the GB bank is still empty. Dont know if this is the same for the others?