Realm merge destroyed guilds

Hey, It seems that the realm merge between Arathor / Hellfire and Kilrogg / Nagrand / Runetotem went through last night during the extra maintenance.
When I logged on today I found that my guild on Kilrogg had gone from 500+ members to just 50, several players reported missing members from their guilds as well when it was mentioned in trade chat.

Is this just to be expected from these new realm merges? From what I can see all characters offline for more than 14 days were kicked perhaps to fix the merge issues? I was looking forward to meeting many of these members again in Shadowlands, now I have to hope they will find the guild again

Some guilds reportedly also is missing guild bank contents and even achievements, really hope Blizzard won’t just leave us like this!

So /guildroster shows 62 guild members (all 15 days or less since last login) while Guild & Communities shows 353 guild members but the Roster tab is strangely empty - no names or anything

353 is about the same number as before the merge? For me they both showed 50, but like yours the new interface only had blank lines without actual names.

The blank lines is a known issue, they will fill as soon as the characters behind logs in.
The problem we have ist that some characters were removed from the guild an have to be reinvited.

Some guildleaders have the problem of a missing guild tag under their names, no access to their bank or the guild chat, but the guild ist still listed in the guilds&communitys window. I guess this point has to bei fixed manually by Blizzard but I will give it another 24h to maybe fix itself before I hand in a ticket.

Same here, over 200 guild members appear to have been removed including GM (luckily GM is my partner so we could check between us what was going on). Also GB is empty of items however the gold remains the same amount. Guild log is also all over the place making no sense. Hopefully its an easy fix and we havent lost members.

There was a bluepost on the German CS forum which I have copied/translated below.

Hello everybody!

We are definitely interested in solving any problem that may have arisen as a result of the merger as soon as possible. For this we need some information from the players / guilds concerned, the following would be particularly interesting:

• Name of the affected game character or guild
  • Realm name (before merging)

When it comes to a guild:

• Is the guild no longer shown overall ?
  • If a specific element is missing / on strike - what exactly is not visible / functional?

The more detail is available, the better, screenshots would also be welcome if they can better explain what is missing on the display. Answers here are very much requested, we’re keeping an eye on the thread - thanks in advance!: slightly_smiling_face:

Hi everyone,

If you can reply with the details as Shammoz has linked we can take a look into this for those affected.

• If a specific element is missing / on strike - what exactly is not visible / functional?
1 Like

Guild Aspiration
Realm Kilrogg

lots of members been kicked out during the merg, including most of my own chars, also guild is not showing up at all in guild finder.

roster is totaly messed up, showing lines where member names should be on.

Guild name: Swift Blades
Realm Name: Kilrogg

Issues: Went from around 500 to 50 members according to both old and new guild interface. Old interface shows all member names while the interface has blank lines for most of the 50 remaining members.

Guild Meltdown
Realm Runetotem

Same here - over 300 characters to list - how am I supposed to list them? Also guild events on calendar disappeared. Please, please sort this Blizz - I don’t want players returning for SL thinking I’ve kicked them from the guild and they just join another one.

1 Like

Guild: Osiris
Realm: Runetotem

Issues: This character was the GM, But I was removed from this status and guild less when I logged in, as well as all my alts.
My other half logged in and luckily the GM status transferred to his character automatically and he was the first online once it came up.

We have lost over 200 guild members/characters (looks to be anyone not online over the last so many days?), as well as everything in the guild bank (gold is still showing) there is nothing on logs to show that kicks/remove or withdrawals was done by a human.

Worth mentioning that the exact same thing happened for our Alliance side guild ‘Nephthys’ on Nagrand.

Edit to add additional, We have had some players log in throughout the day and if they’re still in the guild it seems that once they log in with one character, their alts that have been logged in within 14 days appear in the guild roster. Their alts who haven’t been active recently appear to no longer be in the guild.

Guild: Forgotten
Realm: Kilrogg

Issue: Approximately 400 members were kicked. We do have the blank row issue as well for the 250~ members remaining.

If any of you have alt characters in the guild that are not showing up on the guild roster, can you try and log in to the alt character and see if the roster updates and then shows the “missing” character please?

But otherwise, this information is much appreciated - keep it coming!

I had the issue of other members’ chars not showing up when they logged in, but when I swapped chars I saw them.

I have done that, and they are removed, my priest Waleria was removed, and My shaman stormfox was removed, and my druid Mjau, rest I have not checked out, so people are removed from guild during the merg

Thanks for trying! :slight_smile:

We’re getting this looked into.

For those joining us with guild problems - please continue to reply with the following information:

Thanks!

I have 3 alts that were removed and logging into them changed nothing

Glorfindaal kilrogg was gm (the small guys) before merger, cant see the guild name now and not in guild, swapped to another alt who is also in the guild he can see guild and is in it but also says another char in the guild promoted to gm 7hrs ago? How do i get all my alts including this one back in the guild please.

I’m gone through my characters and have seen a couple of bugs that may or may not be related

On some characters I’m given the option for finding a guild on the guild and communities panel, however I am also seeing the guild as an option.

When I open the guild on these chars, the roster is bugged showing everyone as offline when show offline unticked and shows all chars that have logged in if ticked

It looks as though this char is half in half out - Ricktator-Nagrand guild Vangarde-Kilrogg
It seems that any character I have that had not been logged into recently has the issue and frequently used characters are fine.

Same issue on Shortshock-Nagrand