Realm questions

Hey there!

I’m thinking of moving some of my characters to AD because my current realm is kinda dead.

I’d like to try an RP realm and AD since like the best option.

I have a couple of questions about it though if anyone can help me!

1. I only play Horde and I enjoy PVP / WPvP a lot. I’ve checked the realm pop for AD and it seems like the population is heavenly balanced towards the Alliance. My question is: is it impossible to quest out in the open world / current content zones? How likely am I to be ganked up on and camped as horde with WM on?

2. I also quite enjoy raiding, not exactly a mythic raider but I do like to try it out. Are there also horde guilds that focus on progress too on AD?

3. I’ve never RP-ed before but I’d like to try. How hard is it for an RP noob to start?

Looking forward to your guys’ responses. Thank you if you decide to help!

6 Likes

Hello

1. Won’t happen. People pretty much ignore each other save for the weekly quest. AD is only phased with RP Realms and alliance guys are usually chill there.
  2. If you come to mythic raid, I suggest a pve realm
  3. The saving grace of this thread. Download the TotalRP3 addon, create your profile (super easy to use). Look for nice guilds on the server depending on your character concept. Apply, say you are a noob and ask for guidance and usually good people will help you.
6 Likes

Regarding raids, you could as well pug the stuff/join a community that’s not based on the realm you play on (whihc will be more than fine for anything except mythic early into the tier) while still being able to join a roleplay guild.

4 Likes

Join a roleplaying guild rather than a raiding guild to start, it’ll be hard for you to try roleplaying without the proper support.

Makes friends, some rp guilds do raid.

There’s a list of guilds on the forums, plus many others recruiting in trade. Find one with a concept you like that is active and you’re good.

5 Likes

very unlikely, on either faction it’s a miracle if i meet an enemy layer, let alone a friendly one.

i’m sure there are.

Very easy if they’re with the right group, I highly recommend one of the following guilds:

As you can see, virtually every possible angle for Horde RP is catered to, as well as several Alliance ones.

I can guarantee quality and helpfulness in each and every one of these guilds.

5 Likes

You hurt my soul Dorn, not even showcasing your favourite Ebon guys.
:shooketh:

1 Like

Thank you all for the responses! <3

It’s nice to hear that WM on ganking isn’t that big of a deal.

Also, mostly by wanting to raid I meant getting curve (a must) and maybe a few mythic bosses down (this is optional).

I’ll try and level a character on here first and see how it feels.

alas, the Onslaught isn’t on a megathread full of easily copypasted URLs :frowning:

1 Like

You’ll be able to pug that without an issue. No need to have people from AD to get this.

1 Like

Yep, I know, I’d just like a guild that clears HC. Pugging already for arenas (not on this char) and that’s so awful though, I’d like to avoid it as much as possible

Not many hardcore rpers clear heroic/mythic each week, some have pve guild alts I guess.

Still better to have an rp char in an rp guild even if you just clear heroic once per patch with them.

1 Like

Pugging is really easy on Horde tbh…
On Alliance not having much issues, RPing and used to do my +10, HC run etc easily…

I think a good solution to this is to (and to number 3 too) is to look into to some of the unrestricted RP-PvP stuff that’s going on.

Could help you ease into things and these guys are good sports for people new to roleplaying:

4 Likes

Quite a few people on AD are capable/do clear HC for Curve at a reasonable pace (contrary to RP reputation), although organised mythic guilds are definitely few and far in-between on AD.

It’s true though. Best settle into the RP-oriented atmosphere first (RP guild), and you’ll quickly discover that a lot of the nerds around you are also willing to play the game (aka you don’t need a PvE-only guild to raid). Many RPers are also better @PvP than many supposed-PvPers, too (RP-PvP has a big + important history on AD, something you’ll enjoy if you like world PvP).

2 Likes

just made my first character on ad today and i’m having a blast in orgrimmar. gonna make the move with all my chars soon, ty guys <3

4 Likes

There’s not a single good mythic guild on Horde side, only a few casual ones. If you want to raid I’d suggest Draenor or Twisting Nether, on AD people just chill or roleplay. On Alliance side however, there are bunch of cutting edge guilds.

On Horde side, you might consider joining a guild that will help you to get started. There are also plenty of Discord server where people are wiilling to help you. Just browse the Forum a bit and you’ll find something that interests you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.